Tuesday 27 January 2015

Room Decor, Organisation and Storage Ideas

Room Tour Organisation and Storage Ideas
I defiantly like a tidy house and when it comes to clutter I love everything to have an organised place or storage solution and this is where my passion for DIY and my obsession for Ikea comes in. Now Ikea I like to call the Primark of home ware, you go in for one thing and then you come out with a lot more than you expected, I just love them because they have the best storage solutions and ideas. With regards to DIY I always look at things and think I could make that for half the price with what resources I already have available, so I wanted to share with you a few DIY and general storage ideas for your bedroom, make-up room and office area etc.
Nail Polish Storage
NAIL POLISH
Being a nail polish hoarder, I was constantly looking for storage ideas to display all my polishes on, until I discovered the joy of the Ikea Ribba picture ledge, which I'm sure you've seen a ton, but this is the perfect idea for storing polish on and you can fit two rows of nail polish, one behind each other on each ledge.

Jewellery Tree Storage
JEWELLERY
If you have lots of jewellery and are a magpie for sparkle like me then it seems a shame not to have your favourite pieces on show. There is plenty of ideas you can use, so let your imagination run wild! I found this affordable jewellery tree from Wilko, which displays some of my most colourful and sparkly costume jewellery.
Beauty and Fashion Books
My jewellery tree is stored on top of some of my favourite books which I love to display too as they add colour and interest to a room.

Jewellery Tray
Another great idea for storing your go to jewellery and current favourite nail polish is on a pretty tray, I have jewellery I wear everyday and so it's nice to have it out where I can access it easily. The same applies to nail polish, if you have a few favourites for the month or you think I must wear that polish again sometime, display it on a tray so it reminds you to wear it and plus it looks pretty too. See how I made this Jewellery tray in my recent video below.
Ikea Candle Tray
DIY Light
LIGHTING UP A ROOM
Lights for me always adds atmosphere to a room, whether it be fairy lights, chandeliers or lamps, but these can be expensive, so look around to what you already have stored in your house, can you re-vamp or update something? I had an old Moroccan looking lamp which was brown that hadn't been used in ages, I just spray painted it white to bring it back to life and now I use it all the time.


Ikea Malm
THE FUNDAMENTAL STORAGE
Ikea Malm has been my favourite storage solution for years, mainly because they are affordable and the fact they look clean, crisp and come in so many different varieties and colours now that the possibilities are endless.
I like the 3 drawer units as these work for me the best and plus there's the option of a glass top which finishes the draws of perfectly.
I use the Ikea Skubb draw inserts to keep things organised inside as well as out, they come in black, white and pink and fit perfectly into the Malm series. Other storage ideas for inside draws which I like to use are mason jars and old jewellery and make-up boxes.

Clothes Rack
WARDROBE SPACE
If you don't have a lot of wardrobe space like me and your fiancé ends up having more clothes than you, then a clothes rack is a great idea to display seasonal clothes on,which are easier to reach than being banished to the back of a tiny wardrobe. I picked up this clothes rack from Argos for under £10 and it defiantly has been a stress-free lifesaver when picking out clothes in the morning. You can also find these on Amazon too.
Hangers - Primark
OFFICE SPACE
I only have a tiny corner as my office and the Ikea Kallax is what I use to store everything in, I like this unit as it comes with additional cupboard inserts, draws and storage boxes to fit in to the shelves so you can customise it to your tastes. At the moment I have the Ikea Drona in Mint Green in the bottom two shelves.
 
Tassel Garland
To jazz up this little corner I made an easy affordable tassel garland that will brighten up any dull area, these are great as you can customise them in any colour you would like and they are really easy to make. 
Use jewellery trays, mason and candle jars to store washi tape, paperclips and pens.
Fill frames with inspiring quote postcards, these are from Paperchase.
To stay organized and inspired I came up with this DIY Planner Board. This doubles up as a weekly planner to stay on schedule and an inspiration board that can motivate you to move forward with your goals and aspirations, which is what helps me.
 
Makeup Vanity
MAKE-UP VANITY
I think I'm in the majority vote when I say that the Ikea Alex is the best for storing make-up in, they just have the perfect sized draws where you can see everything in them.
Ikea Alex
I find the best storage for inside the draws for make-up is the Muji PP Storage and Ikea Godmorgon.
I also like the Ikea Variera draw liner, which you can cut to size and keeps the inside of the draws clean.
Old make-up bags are also a great way to store your cotton wool, q tips and sponges etc.
Old gift boxes and candle jars can be used to store nail polish and nail essentials in.
Muji Acrylic Storage
Muji have the best acrylic storage at an affordable price for keeping almost anything in, these draw versions are great for lipstick so you can see every colour clearly.
Another acrylic storage idea is the lipstick holders that display your lipsticks beautifully, you can get these from as little as £3 from Amazon.
Look for cute heart dishes in the kitchenware sections to store lip balms in, this one is from Wilko.

Mirrored trays are perfect for displaying pretty perfume bottles as I think it's a shame to keep them hidden away in a cupboard. Check out TK Maxx for mirrored storage.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig