Saturday 16 May 2015

Makeup Brush Collection, Storage and How I Clean My Make-Up Brushes

I think I've mentioned before but a make-up brush can make a world of difference to how you apply your make-up and the way it looks. Over time I've expanded my make-up brush collection and storage into something I'm really happy with, so I thought I'd share with you my brush collection and storage and some of my most used brushes I can't live without.

Do you have a brush or make-up sponge you can't live without? Tweet me or leave a comment down below.
Brush Cleaning Routine
I don't know about you, but I loathe cleaning my make-up brushes, just like I detest doing the ironing, but this is one job that has to be done, to ensure my make-up brushes are bacteria free and plus there's nothing better than applying make-up with a freshly cleaned brush.
For years I've used good old Johnson's Baby Shampoo to deep clean my make-up brushes, along with this nifty little facial pad I found in Primark, that works wonders as a cleaning pad to get into the bristles of the brushes more efficiently. For quick cleaning I use the MAC Brush Cleanser on kitchen towel.
 
To dry my brushes I usually leave them to air outside if it's a nice day, put them in the airing cupboard or dry them on the radiator.
 
Brush Collection and Holy Grail Brushes
A majority of my brushes I purchase are from MAC, Real Techniques, Crown & Royal & Langnickel. While MAC is at the top end of the price scale, there are so many other affordable make-up brush lines now, that stock equally as good, quality brushes, some of my favourites are Real Techniques and Royal & Langnickel.
Here are my holy grail brushes I really can't live without, from left to right.
Bare Minerals Light Stroke Brush - This is great to use with powder to set concealer under the eyes.
Royal & Langnickel Short Flat Liner C455 - I use this to define my brow with concealer.
Real Techniques Contour Brush - This is the best brush for applying blusher.
Real Techniques Buffing Brush - My favourite brush ever for applying foundation when your in a rush.
MAC 217 - The ultimate eye shadow application brush, this blends any eye shadow out like a dream.
Royal & Langnickel Brow Angle - I use this to apply gel liner as it has the perfect small tip for getting close to the lash line.
Royal & Langnickel Line & Smudge - I actually use this to highlight and powder my brow bone.
Royal & Langnickel Large Powder - This is the softest, most gentlest brush ever and works fantastic with face powder to set your foundation.
Crown Pink Eyebrow Brush -  I love this to apply powder to my brows as it's short and dense.
Beauty Blender - This is the most amazing sponge for applying foundation as it helps give the most flawless, airbrushed finish to your make-up.

Make-Up Brush Storage
I love these Muji acrylic storage units because you can see every brush clearly and they are super affordable. I also love Ikea for cute, inexpensive storage ideas, like this mint green pot I found to store my make-up sponges in below.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. "Great post. Articles that have meaningful and insightful comments are more enjoyable, at least to me. It’s interesting to read what other people thought.
    How to Apply Airbrush Makeup"

    ReplyDelete

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig