Wednesday 21 October 2015

YSL Black Opium Perfume Review and Photos

YSL Black Opium
Yves Saint Laurent is one of my favourite brands for fragrance, because not only do they have a stunning selection of perfumes, they also come in the most decadent bottles. Black Opium is the latest offering from the YSL Opium collection, so here's my thoughts.

What's your go to perfume you love to wear on a night out? Leave me a comment down below or tweet me.
Price
Black Opium is an Eau de Parfum and comes in three sizes including, 30ml which retails for £45, 50ml for £64 and 90ml for £84. This is a high end luxury eau de parfum, so the hefty price tag is to be expected. This also comes in an Eau de Toilette version too, which has a more pinker bottle and is a slightly more affordable too.
Packaging
When I first discovered this fragrance, the packaging caught my eye straight away, before I even knew what it was. Black opium comes packaged in a beautiful stunning black, black glitter and pewter box and the bottle itself is adorned in a black glitter with a circular glass window in the middle, as well as a hygienic spray applicator and top.
The Notes and Longevity
Just going by the packaging you can tell this is a deep, dark, seductive fragrance and if your a fan of the more musky scents, then this could be for you. Black Opium has a beautiful mix of notes including Jasmine, Coffee and Cedar. For a more detailed description of the notes, I always use Fragrantica when searching for a new perfume.

On my skin this lasts all day, but everyone is different depending on lifestyle and how it can smell on you compared to someone else.
Overall Thoughts
For me I absolutely love this perfume as not only is the packaging appealing to the eye, the scent itself is a gorgeous deep, dark mix of notes which compliment each other perfectly. Yes this is an expensive perfume, but if you opt for the Eau de Parfum, it will last that little bit longer on the skin and there's always the Eau de Toilette version if that's a little out of your price range. So if your after a new fragrance, that's just right for the up and coming party season, then this could be for you.

I award the YSL Black Opium Eau de Parfum 4.9 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig