Sunday, 15 February 2015

My Wedding Planning - Organisation and Planning Tips

Wedding Planning & Organisation Tips
This year I'm pretty excited as it's finally the year I get married, after a year of planning so far. I cannot believe how quick it's all going, I'm now in full countdown mode! Following on the Wedding theme, I have started a Wedding series here on my blog and YouTube channel, ranging from DIY's, tips, tricks and planning ideas to help you stay organised and inspired, if your also on a Wedding journey like me. Now by no means am I a Wedding Planner or co-ordinator, but through my experience of planning my own wedding over the past year, I wanted to share with you what has helped me throughout this process, that can be stressful at times.

Here's the links if you missed anything so far and I hope this inspires you if you want to get creative, are on a budget or haven't a clue where to start! Happy Wedding Planning and congratulations if you just got engaged recently.
My Wedding Inspiration Series
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/playlistlist=PLIvbE4oHj02vIeBSIJkANgHed_DggKxld
Blog - http://pinkparadisebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Weddings

If your getting married soon, I'd love to hear from you and chat Weddings, tweet me or leave a comment down below.
TIP 1 - Set a Budget
Even if it's a rough estimated figure, just set some kind of overall ball point figure you would like to spend on your Wedding initially, so you have something to stick too when going to see potential venues, florists, photographers etc.
TIP 2 - Subscribe to a Wedding Magazine
Subscribing to a Wedding magazine is a great way to gain inspiration initially, it also works out cheaper to sign up for the yearly subscription, rather than buying them each couple of month's as they can be pricey. Wedding is the magazine I'm subscribed too, it comes every two months straight to my door, I like this particular magazine because it always comes with a Wedding Planning checklist at the back, which has really been helpful in knowing what to do when. You and Your Wedding is another favourite of mine.
TIP 3 - Invest in a Wedding Planner Book
Following on from the Wedding checklist, a Wedding Planner book is a great investment to help you stay on track and budget. Weddings can be stressful as there is so many little bits you forget about, all the details, the costs, what to pay when, who's coming, the accessories, the list is endless, a planner just helps it all come together in one book and helps you stay organised. My favourite planner is this one from the Bright Side, it's really affordable, covers every little detail and is a great size to pop in my handbag when meeting with vendors.
Other amazing Wedding Planner Books are:
- Erin Condren - https://www.erincondren.com/books-wedding-planners
- Paperchase Wedding Planner File - http://www.paperchase.co.uk/wedding-planner.html
Create mini mood boards inside your planner to help you visualise certain parts of your Wedding.
 TIP 4 - Create a Pinterest Wedding Inspiration Board
Create a Pinterest Wedding Inspiration Board, this is a great way to have all your ideas in one place. I love Pinterest as you can create secret boards that your fiancé and you can pin too together. It's also a great inspiration hub to find Wedding planner lists, what to do when, DIY's and colour scheme's all in one place. My Pinterest Board is https://www.pinterest.com/pinkparadisebea/wedding-inspiration/
 TIP 5 - Visit lots of Wedding Shows & Fairs
These are great for meeting possible venue's, florists, photographers etc. and also getting potential discounts and offers. Start with one of the national shows and take your bridesmaids, mum, future mother in law and maybe your partner and make a girly day of it, have afternoon tea and have fun, don't make it too serious.
 
Once you have a feel for what a Wedding show is like, move onto the smaller more local fairs, take your fiancé and pick up lots of leaflets, then when you get home, sit down together and go through them all, dividing them into piles of what you like and don't like.
 
The smaller Wedding fairs are mostly held at possible venue locations, this is a great way to get a feel for a venue and if you like it book in for a one to one appointment to visit the venue again in more detail. I also recommend visiting as many venue's as you can, so you have lots of places to compare against each other, this really helped us make our mind up on picking the venue that was right for us.
TIP 6 - Create a Mood board
This is a great way of picturing your Wedding, from everything to the colour scheme, invitations, cake, bridesmaids and décor etc. It's also great to have to bring along to wedding meetings to show your chosen vendors, so they to can vision your wedding and help you create a day to remember.
SHARE:
© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig