Monday 19 January 2015

Benefit Rockateur Blusher Review and Photos

Benefit Rockateur Blusher

I'm already a fan of Benefit's Hervana blush as it has to be one of my all time favourite blushers as featured in my Best in Beauty 2014.
Benefit Rockateur had been on my Pinterest wishlist for a while now because I loved the look of the rose gold tone to it and also noticed that it is Benefit's Number 1 selling blush in the UK, so naturally I had to try another one of these beautifully boxed beauties. Here's my thoughts.
Price
This retails for £23.50 for 5.0g of product, which is a little pricey for a blush, but you have to consider that this is a more high end brand and a mirror and a brush is included. And for me comparing this to the Hervana blush it lasts for ever which made this good value for money.
 
Packaging
This is beautifully packaged inside and out, as is all Benefit make-up, inside the compact has a mirror and small travel sized brush. The blush itself is engraved with the word rock and is dusted with a light gold/bronze shimmer.
 Application
This is super easy to apply, I used a MAC 168 brush with this blush. Upon application the blusher is highly pigmented so you don't need much on your brush, but unfortunately the gold/bronze shimmer is just a top coat so this does wear off after the first application and also as I used the Rockateur throughout the week the words faded too.
The colour is beautiful and reminiscent of a rose gold shade with an undertone of peach in it, it also is super soft in consistency with a slight sheen and applies beautifully to the cheeks.
Longevity
I had this on for nearly 14 hours and for me it really didn't fade much, unfortunately the photo didn't do it justice compared to looking at this in the mirror at 11pm. 
By 1.15pm it was still in place and by 11pm it had faded in colour but you have to take into account that no primer or setting spray was used to test this blush out. So if I was going on a night out I would probably have to re-apply in the early evening to top up the colour and ensure I had primed and set my face before hand.
Overall Thoughts
I totally fell in love with this blusher as I have with the Hervana blush, it is beautifully pigmented, is soft as butter, lasts for ages and looks so pretty on the cheeks, the only down point is the price, but as I said before you have to take in to consideration the brand, what this blush comes with and also how long these blushes last.
 I am defiantly now a Benefit boxed blush convert and can't wait to purchase another one, leave me a comment down below or tweet me which one you would recommend next?

I award the Benefit Rockateur Blusher 4.8 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig