Tuesday 9 May 2017

Primark Highlighter Review & Photos

Primark Pure Glow Highlighter and Mermaid Glow Highlighting Powder
If you've seen my first highlighter review here on Sunday, then you'll know last week was First Impressions Week over on my channel here. In this second post I wanted to share and review the newly released Primark Highlighters. These beauties have had quite a bit of hype surrounding them, so here's my thoughts...
Price
Both highlighters retail for £3 for 9g of product, which is exceptional value for money. Initially Primark released two Pure Glow Highlighters in Champagne and Rose Prosecco and then a third highlighter was dropped a few weeks ago called Mermaid Glow. I picked up Champagne and Mermaid Glow to show you.
Packaging 
The packaging on these is pretty simple, yet sturdy, with the highlighters doing all the talking. Each one also has a beautiful wave pattern running through them, which makes them look even more appealing to the eye.
Primark Champagne Highlighter
Primark Mermaid Highlighter
Application
The champagne highlighter is a stunning gold/bronze shade which is super pigmented to the touch. The mermaid glow is a white/silver shade which has a more chunkier texture and is not as pigmented, but is still pretty nonetheless.

Upon application I decided to apply the champagne to the tops of my cheeks and the mermaid one to my cupids bow and as a inner corner highlighter. The champagne shade applied beautifully and is such a stunning, delicate shade, that would look gorgeous as a blush topper or on tanned skin also. The mermaid shade is nice, but for me this was too silvery and it didn't go on as smooth compared to the gold.
Longevity
Both highlighters held up for a good ten hours, especially the champagne on my cheeks.
Overall Thoughts 
Firstly these are great value of money for the amount of highlighter you get and visually these are stunning. However application wise I would say the champagne shade glides on the best and is more buildable too. The mermaid glow still looks pretty, but this has a slightly chunkier formula and personally this was just too silvery for me.

So overall I think if you're after an affordable, versatile and stunning highlighter then I would definitely snap up the Champagne one asap!

I award the Primark Pure Glow in Champagne a 4.5 out of 5 and the Mermaid Glow a 4 out of 5.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig