Tuesday 21 June 2016

Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation & Concealer Review and Photos

Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer
Clinque is a brand that I've only dipped my toe into years ago when the 3 step skincare system was first popular. Apart from that, I can honestly say nothing ever jumps out at me that much to make me want to buy it until now. The Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer is one of Clinique's newest offering and it's also something I have heard a lot of hype about recently. This popular foundation also conceals too which I'm all for if it means cutting down the amount of make-up products I use in the morning, so here's my thoughts.
Price
This retails for £25 for 30ml of product, which is actually great value for money for a premium foundation that in addition serves as a concealer too. It also comes in a whopping 21 shades to choose from, I picked this up in 2 Alabaster.
Packaging
Although the packaging is not tremendously eye-catching, the box is very pretty and fitting with the whole Clinique brand overall. The foundation bottle itself is glass and comes with a really handy giant sized doe-foot applicator for hygienic and easy application.
Application
Because of the wonderful applicator, it allows for non messy, direct application. The best method I found was dotting the product all over the face and then blending it out with a damp Beauty Blender. For more targeted areas, i.e redness, spots and dark circles, I went back in with a 2nd application and again blended this out with a damp sponge.
Although this is a medium to full coverage foundation, it blends out beautifully, revealing flawless, matte natural looking skin.
Longevity
I actually tested this out in a few places because the foundation claims to stay true in humid climates and also be sweat proof. And for sure this defiantly did last well throughout a normal long day, a sudden downpour I got caught in and a very humid evening in Mexico, without dripping of my face or fading, which was a great relieve!
Overall Thoughts
I have to say this foundation impressed me a lot. Usually I'm not a fan of matte foundation, but this really changed my mind, because of how flawless it looked on the skin. It's also a great humidity proof, buildable foundation that covers well without the need for a concealer. And overall with an excellent shade selection and easy application I think £25 is an admirable price point for this high end gem of a foundation.

I award the Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation & Concealer 4.9 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig