Saturday 9 July 2016

Essence Velvet Matt Lipstick Review & Photos

Essence Longlasting Lipstick Nude
Essence is a brand I discovered a few years ago while wondering the aisles of my local Wilko. I had heard a lot about this brand mainly for it's affordability factor, but also because of it's amazing vast selection of make-up to choose from. Matte nude lips have been my thing recently so when I saw this beautiful matte shade for only £2.30, I had to grab it! Here's my thoughts.
Price
As I mentioned above this lipstick retails for £2.30, which is amazing value for money for a lipstick! This particular lipstick belongs to the Longlasting Lipstick Nude Collection which consists of six wearable nude shades.
Essence Velvet Matte 08
Packaging
I love the packaging on these lipsticks as each colour has a co-ordinating matte packaging to represent each shade. The Essence logo is also in-printed on the lipstick bullet too.
Application
This particular colour is super pigmented, creamy and lightweight, it also glides onto the lips really easily. The shade itself is a beautiful matte, cool toned nude with a mauve undertone.
Longevity
These do claim to be long wearing and for the most part this shade was until I eat, so I would recommend re-applying this after eating as the colour tends to come of in the middle part of the lip and stay on around the edge. I did find with this particular shade non-drying and moisturising too, which was great as most matte lipsticks can be pretty drying on the lips.
Overall Thoughts
Overall I thought this lipstick was amazing value money for a such a high quality, on trend matte shade and although this lipstick does need re-applying, I honestly think the amazing colour selection, packaging and accessibility makes this the perfect choice if your after an affordable, super pigmented, non-drying matte lipstick.
 
I award the Essence Velvet Matt Lipstick in 08 4.8 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig