Sunday 1 December 2013

Ciate Mini Mani Month Advent Calendar Review, Swatches & Photo's

It's that time of year again, Advent Calendar time! Who has their Advent Calendar ready?
I'm so excited to have got a hold of the Ciate #minimanimonth Calendar, as I am a complete nail junkie and these mini polishes are the perfect amount of polish to try each colour as I rarely use a whole bottle of Nail Varnish anyway.
 
Check back frequently as each day I will be posting a new polish from the calendar to show what the set contains and finally the swatches of each Ciate Mini. I will review this when I have finished opening each window at the end of December so keep posted. Happy Holidays! 
The new Mini Mani Manor for 2014 can be found on the Ciate Website.
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6

Day 7
Day 8

Day 9
 

Day 10

Day 11

Day 12

Day 13

Day 14 
Day 15
Day 16

Day 17
Day 18

Day 19

Day 20 

Day 21

Day 22
Day 23
Day 24
PRICE - This is priced at £43.45 inc. P&P on the QVC website which is where I ordered it from, it is very pricey for an Advent Calendar, so my top tip is to either wait for it to be a Today's Special Value on QVC which is how I ordered it or shop around in the sales in January as I have seen this for better than half price, if you can keep it tucked away for a year till Christmas that is!

Although this is super expensive a normal sized bottle of Ciate Polish is £9 alone and the mini polishes you receive in the advent calendar is 24 and are half the size, if you add this up (you can do the maths!) it is actually very good value for money if you are a Nail Polish hoarder like me!

PACKAGING - This is beautifully packaged in a red box and each window is coloured for the 24 days, the back of the box is informative, telling you what is included in the calendar along with an instruction leaflet on how to use the Caviar, Glitter & Sequin pots.
Each window has a beautiful quote inside along with your cute little bottle of polish, which gives it a personal touch.

APPLICATION - Considering the bottles are only 5ml the brush is actually quite a decent size for painting the polish on. I found it really easy to apply, but the caviar, glitter & sequin pots were a little tricky especially the sequin this didn't go on as well and left a few sparse areas as it is a chunky glitter.
The crème polish is virtually opaque in one coat which was great.

LONGEVITY - The crème and shimmer colours stayed for around 4-5 days providing you do the usual top & base coat.
The glitter & sequin effects last 2-3 days on average with wear and tear and the caviar only lasts 24 hours for me, this is more a night out nail effect that you can just wear for the evening or a special occasion.


OVERALL THOUGHTS
I really did love this Advent Calendar so much it was something different to open than your regular chocolate one and each day I would get so excited to open a new window and receive a little pot of polish joy!
The only down points for me was it is pricey and some of the colours were a little boring and the same, but if you love nail polish and like trying out new colours and effects on your nails then this is defiantly for you!

I award the Ciate Mini Mani Month Advent Calendar 2013 a 4 out of 5 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig