Wednesday 19 March 2014

Revlon Matte Balm Review, Swatches and Photos

I had been waiting for these new Matte balms to come out for ages to compare with the Revlon Stain Balms which I wasn't so keen on. I just didn't like the lip stain aspect of them as the colour didn't look good on my lips, so it was great to try these which didn't have a stain as I still liked the concept of the pencils, so here's my thoughts.
 Price
These are priced at £7.99 each which is great for how much product you get in the pencil. As you already know I like a bargain and I got these on 3 for 2, so it's always good to look out for the offers if you can.
 
Packaging
I love the packaging of these they are fun and colourful and look great on my vanity! The crayon is retractable so you can apply as much as you need with out worrying you've turned up too much product.
Application
Application is easy with the twistable cap and the colours are super pigmented and moisturising. The chubby pointed crayon makes it easy for precise application and it also smells minty which is lovely.
Longevity
For me these only last a couple of hours before I have to re apply, which is a shame as this shows up on the lips with the more vibrant colours in the collection. I found the colour also latched to dry areas, so I recommend applying these to a well exfoliated and moisturised lip.
Overall Thoughts
I love the array of ten colours that the Matte Balm Collection comes in, they are great value for money for how much product you get and the retractable cap is ideal so you don't use more than you need. My only negative is that these beautiful selection of colours don't stay on that long so you do need to re apply every few hours and they can cling to dry lips as they are very pigmented, but yet again Revlon have come up trumps with an on trend fashion led lip collection.
 
I award the Revlon Matte Balm 3.7 out of 5

Comparison between Revlon Unapologetic and MAC Impassioned 
 Comparison between Revlon Showy and MAC Candy Yum Yum

 

 

 
 
 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig