Tuesday 4 November 2014

Tarte Best in Faux Mascara Review and Photos

Tarte Best in Faux Mascara
I'm not a big fan of false lashes as I just find them a pain to apply and pretty uncomfortable (let me know if this is you too?!) so I am always on the look out for the next best thing to make your natural lashes look amazing. Tarte has been a brand I have been interested in for a while now, I love the fact that they are eco friendly and how can you not like their amazing packaging! I discovered this pack recently and thought I had to give it a go, here's my thought's.

Have you tried any Fibre Lash Kits, I would love to know what you think of this new trend?
Price
This retails for $19 which is around £11.88, it includes one Best in Faux Lash Extending Fibres and a mini 3ml Lights, Camera, Lashes 4 in 1 Mascara, which I think is great value for money.
Packaging
This comes boxed with full instructions on the back on how to use, the lash fibre tube is super light and the mascara is a cute size, perfect for travel.
Application
Now this is where it got interesting! Firstly one coat of the mascara is applied to the lashes which I did, then while this is wet it is advised to apply the fibres from the root to the end of the lash starting from outwards working in, as I brushed the fibres through my lashes I instantly felt uncomfortable, the fibres ended up all in my eyes and stuck to my face, I don't think I even ended up getting any actually on my lashes! I tried the process one more time, but I just couldn't get the fibres to stick to my lashes, either I wasn't do something right or this needs to be mastered with lots of practise.

I ended up rolling with just the mascara as I really did like this, the wand had lovely thick bristles and a narrow brush that made my lashes look thick and lengthened, very reminiscent of the YSL False Lash Effect mascara. This lasted well with just slight transfer onto my brow bone at the end of the day.
FIBRE FAIL!  
 Overall Thoughts
I wanted to love this kit as it sounded so exciting and great value for money, but for me the fibre aspect was a complete fail, as I said before I got most of the fibre's up in my eyes and stuck to my face, very uncomfortable and I couldn't wait to remove my make-up at the end of the day! On a positive I really liked the mascara and would purchase this in a full size so it wasn't all bad.
I think this kit needs practise and time to master the fibre technique and I wouldn't right of this trend straight away as there are a few others I would like to compare this to first.
 
I award the Tarte Best in Faux 3 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig