Friday 10 June 2016

Benefit Dew the Hoola Review and Photos

Benefit Dew the Hoola
Benefit has always been one of my favourite high end brands because of their cute packaging and innovative product releases, but just recently Benefit have stepped up their game on a whole other level, with some seriously exciting new launches! Over the next few weeks look out for a few Benefit dedicated posts about some of the newest products I picked up, starting off with Benefit Dew the Hoola.
Price
This retails for £22.50 for 30ml of product, which is expensive for a liquid bronzer, but this is a high end brand and if your already a fan of the Hoola Bronzer or your into premium foundations, then you'll expect to pay around this price point for the same amount of product.
Packaging
The Dew the Hoola packaging is STUNNING and unlike anything I've ever seen before, for me everything about it screams Summer! It also comes with a convenient hygienic pump and lid which is always a bonus.
Dew the Hoola is one of Benefit's newest launches along with Zero Tan Lines, that altogether make up the Hoola family together with the original iconic Hoola powder bronzer.
Application
There's a few ways you can apply this, with either your fingers or a brush, I decided to use a Real Techniques Duo-Fibre Contour brush, to work the product in well. I used three pumps to cover my entire face and neck, as I wanted that really nice bronzed, sun-kissed glow to my face.

Having never used the original Hoola bronzer before (I know, I know!) I wasn't sure what to expect, but the liquid was beautiful and gave me the most stunning non-orange, matte glow to my skin that was buildable too. You can also use this on top of foundation or onto bare skin alone, I used this both ways and I have to say both are my favourite, I think it just depends what mood your in on that day.
If you've never used a Liquid Bronzer before, you also get a handy instruction leaflet inside the box with useful tips and tricks, plus diagrams.
Longevity
This did last most of the day for me, but if you are in a warm country or you have a hot moment!, it can look a little shiny in places, so I would suggest maybe setting this with a tiny bit of powder bronzer on top, if you're prone to oiliness. You can also use a powder bronzer over the top anyway to further enhance your glow too.
Overall Thoughts
Well what can I say, this bronzer is everything! The packaging for me is on another level, everything from the box, to the leaflet, to the bottle itself is gorgeous and I think the price is right for a high end bronzer purely just for the packaging alone! The formula is gorgeous, matte and non orange, which is always a big thing for me when searching for a bronzer and the overall look and different ways you can apply this makes it the perfect product for Summer whether you have a tan or not. I do recommend setting this slightly with a tiny bit of bronzer if your in a hot, humid country or you are prone to shine, but overall this is great if your wanting to enhance colour you already have or fake that gorgeous glow.
 
I award the Benefit Dew the Hoola 4.8 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig