Thursday 9 June 2016

L'Oreal Miss Hippie Mascara Review and Photos

L'Oreal Miss Hippie Mega Volume Mascara
The L'Oreal Mega Volume Miss Hippie is the newest mascara to the L'Oreal family, it's also the last product from my One Brand First Impression Video that I reviewed. Having tried very few mascara's from L'Oreal this one defiantly caught my eye, I think purely because of the name! The Miss Hippie mascara is defiantly inspired by the festival season as it claims to give you thick, fluffy and voluminous lashes, so here's my thoughts.
Price
This retails for £7.99 for 8ml of product, which I think is a nice price point for a drugstore mascara. The formula comes in Black and Black Waterproof only, I picked up Black.
Packaging
As well as the name the packaging was the other thing that caught my eye with this mascara. I love the shape of the tube, pop of orange and the beautiful thick, fluffy brush.
Application
Initially when I applied this mascara it did separate and lift my lashes pretty well. I ended up applying three coats and overall this defiantly did thicken them, but be warned if you do apply a little too much they can look unnaturally thick, so I do advise wiping the excess of the brush before each application. I didn't like the look of this mascara as much on the bottom lashes as it did make them look a bit too thick, clumpy and slightly all over the show, but I do think maybe this is the overall look of this particular mascara.
Longevity
This did last most of the day and night, with the exception of a slight bit of flakiness through out the day.

Overall Thoughts
I did like this mascara, especially the name, packaging, fluffy brush and the price. This did also lengthen and separate my lashes well, but because of the thick consistency, I would say this didn't lengthen them to the point where they were touching my brow bone and the more you put on the thicker your lashes get. So overall this did give that Miss Hippie sporadic effect, but I would advise to wipe the brush before application and stick to two coats to get the desired effect. So if you love the look of thick, spidery lashes then this may be for you, but if you do like them to look more natural looking, this may not be your cup of tea.
 
I award the L'Oreal Mega Volume Miss Hippie Mascara 3.8 our of 5

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig