Saturday 29 October 2016

Rimmel The Only 1 Matte Lipstick Review & Photos

Rimmel The Only 1 Matte Lipstick
Just lately Rimmel have been on top of their game with regards to exciting new product launches including the latest Only 1 Matte Lipstick Collection which accompanies their already popular original Only 1 line. So of course I had to review these as I'm already a big fan of the original collection, so here's my thoughts.

I have also reviewed two other new Rimmel products in one of my One Brand First Impression videos which I have linked down below, so keep your eyes peeled for separate reviews on the two other new launches.
Price
As per the original Only 1 Lipsticks these retail for £6.99 for 3.4g of product. The matte collection consists of nine wearable shades including a selection of nudes, deep berry's, corals and pinks.
Packaging
I totally adore the beautiful matte red packaging and I think I actually prefer this to the original black casing as this stands out a little more. I also love the fact each lipstick has a coloured band on the outside so you can see which shade is which if you have more than one. The actual lipstick has a slanted tip, which helps make the lipstick glide on with ease.
Application
Just like the originals, these are creamy, pigmented, moisturising and glide on like butter. I picked up one of the neutral shades in Trendsetter, which is a perfect medium nude shade for Winter. With regards to the finish, I would say these are more of a semi-matte finish, but I prefer this as sometimes a matte lipstick or liquid lipstick can look drying, powdery and make you look like you have crinkly lips! My only criticism with these lipsticks is the smell. The scent is quite strong and can be over-powering at times, but thankfully it doesn't linger for long.
Longevity
Unfortunately like most lipstick's this doesn't last past eating, so I do recommend re-applying after eating and taking this with you if your on the go.
Overall Thoughts
I really loved this lipstick just like the original as the formula is creamy, pigmented, glides on beautifully and comes in a wonderful selection of shades to suit everyone. The packaging is gorgeous and I think the price point justifies this collection perfectly because of the consistency and excellent colour pay off. Longevity wise this wasn't the best and the smell is quite overpowering and won't be to everyone's liking which is a shame, but if you can get past this and you're a lover of a matte lipstick that's moisturising and pigmented, then I would defiantly recommend checking these out.

I award the Rimmel The Only 1 Matte Lipstick 4.6 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig