Thursday 8 June 2017

Wedding Nail Ideas, Tips & Tricks for the Bride and Bridal Party

Bridal Nails
As Wedding season is already in full swing, I wanted to talk all things Wedding Nails... So if you are a Bride, Bridesmaid, part of the bridal party or even a guest at a Wedding, hopefully I've got you covered with some nail care tips and tricks, and also some colour options for not only your nails, but your toes too.
4-6 MONTHS BEFORE - Nailcare 
The first step in nail prep is nailcare. This is something you should be doing around 4-6 months before to ensure they are in tip top condition, but I do think personally this is good to do in general.

TREATMENT 
Whether you decide on normal nail polish, gel or acrylics, start treating the nails before hand with a good treatment base coat. One of my all time favourites is O.P.I Nail Envy Original*, however I've also been partial to the new Essie Treat, Love & Color* base coats as they add a hint of colour while treating the nail at the same time.

O.P.I also have their own version too called Strength in Colour*, if you can't bare a naked nail.

Crystal nail files are also a good call as they help prevent damage to the nail whilst filing. One of my holy grails is the Leighton Denny Crystal Nail File*.

Next let's talk about cuticles... This for me is the one thing I feel people do forget about, but it shouldn't be as it plays an important part in the overall appearance of your nails.

I recommend starting with something like the Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Removerto help make the task easier and pain free. Also keep a cuticle pusher in your manicure kit so that you get into the habit of pushing them back on a weekly basis.

You could also add into your routine something like the O.P.I Avoplex Exfoliating Cuticle Treatment, as this helps keep the cuticle in a good condition overall. I rub this in at night to moisturise the cuticles.

MOISTURISE
Lastly don't forget to moisturise not only your hands but your cuticles too. For everyday use I adore the Soap & Glory Hand Food*. But if your hands are prone to dryness then why not try something like the Elizabeth Arden Intensive Hand Treatment* that's perfect for night-time. You can also use this paired with some cotton gloves for the ultimate hand treat.

For on the go hand care I like the O.P.I Mini Avojuices to pop in your bag, car or gym bag. And for the cuticles I'm obsessed with this 95% organic cuticle oil from Dadi Oil*.

1-2 MONTHS BEFORE - Nail Colour, Design and Trial Run
This is a great time to start thinking whether you want to do your nails yourself or maybe go to a salon and have a gel manicure or acrylics. Either way start collecting pictures of nail inspiration so that you have an overall idea of what you want to go for whether that be a classic french, nude or something that compliments your overall colour scheme. Pinterest is a great place to start...

Once you've decided on what colour/style your going to go for on your nails and toes, then it's definitely worth doing a few trial runs before hand so you can see how they are going to look overall, matched with your wedding dress or your colour scheme.

COLOUR
Finally I wanted to share a few colour options if you decide to do your nails yourself.

Pinks - Try this classic nude pink from Essie or step out in this years hottest shade, blush pink.
Essie Ballet Slippers 
Essie Blush-Worthy
Something Blue - Why not try something a little bit different with one of these beautiful cornflower/periwinkle options.
Barry M Laguna 
Tanya Burr Fairy Godmother 
Rose Gold Vibes - Take your manicure up a notch with these two stunning metallic picks.
Maybelline Rose Veil 
O.P.I Worth a Pretty Penne 
Nude is Best - If you just want something clean and classic, then try either two of these beauties.
Barry M Skinny Dip 
O.P.I Tiramasu for Two 
You could also add a dash of sparkle or nail art too, I talk about a few options as well as what I choose for my Wedding Day in the video linked above.

TOP IT OFF
To ensure your manicure is long-lasting be sure to choose a hard-wearing top coat if your using regular nail polish. Some of my favourites are the Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat*, Nails Inc Caviar Top Coat* and the Essie Gel Couture Top Coat.

Happy Planning! X0
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig