Thursday 7 May 2015

Collection Eyes Uncovered Review and Photos - Urban Decay Naked 1 Dupe

Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Bronze Palette
I'm never really sold on drugstore eye shadows as the formulas are not quite as good as high end brands and I think I'm in the majority vote when I say that the Urban Decay Naked Palette's are some of the best quality shadows out there. As you know I'm always on the hunt for good drugstore dupes for you guys, if your budget doesn't quite stretch to high end products. Collection recently released a series of wearable neutral eye shadow palettes and the Nude Bronze Palette caught my eye first, due to it's similarity to the Naked palette, so here's my thoughts.

What's your favourite neutral palette for eyes? Leave me a comment down below or tweet me.
Price
These palette's retail for £3.99 each, for a set of six eye shadows including an applicator. This really is excellent value for money for a superb selection of wearable colours.

Packaging
These eye shadows come with a double ended sponge applicator and are packaged in this cardboard palette with a magnetic lid. Although the packaging is cheap and the applicator not the best, the palette as a whole is presented attractively, with a clear window to view the shades, as well as names of each eye shadow labelled in order on the back.

Application
As I mentioned above these shadows are virtually identical to six of the colours from the Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette and are beautifully, silky in consistency and super pigmented. Upon application the colours apply nicely, but do have a bit of fallout, so I would do your eyes first, then your foundation. I used the following shades,
1. Ivory all over the lid and right up to the brow bone
2. Mink in the lid
3. Ember in the crease
4. Nutty in the outer v

Longevity
Considering I didn't use a primer these shadows lasted incredibly well from 11am till midnight! I would say they faded ever so slightly, but overall this palette had amazing staying power.

Overall Thoughts
I have to say this palette impressed me so much considering it has an almost, too cheap price tag. The colours are super pigmented, have exceptional staying power and are virtually identical dupes for the Urban Decay Naked 1 palette. Although the longevity was amazing, using a primer or a cream eyes shadow as a base will help you get the very best from this palette, as well as doing your eye shadow first to prevent minimal mess from the shadow fallout. Ok the packaging and the sponge applicator are not the greatest, but for the price you can't get much better value for money than this.

I award the Collection Eyes Uncovered Palette 4.8 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig