Thursday 2 June 2016

L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation Review and Photos

L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion
After tons of hype from the US about the new Cushion foundations, they finally landed in the UK last month. L'Oreal is the first drugstore brand to release this kind of cushion concept and with all the excitement of it's debut of course I had to try this out, along with a few other new L'Oreal products that I have been testing out too. So keep a look out for them coming in the next week, but first here's my thoughts on this unique foundation.
Price
These retail for £14.99 for 14.6g, which isn't much product for the price compared to your regular 30ml tube or bottle of drugstore foundation, but I guess as I mentioned this is a unique product to the drugstore market, that's probably why the price point is a little higher on this. Despite the price this foundation does have an SPF 25 and comes in a great selection of 7 shades including,
1 Porcelain
3 Vanilla (The shade I picked up)
4 Rose Vanilla
6 Rose Beige
7 Golden Beige
9 Beige
11 Golden Amber
Packaging
Now I have to say, usually L'Oreal products rarely catch my eye, but this certainly did! The packaging is stunning and I absolutely adore the metallic rose pink shade, which helps make this product very distinctive and unique. Inside you get a mirror and a velvet puff and there is also a second lid which helps keep the cushion part moist, so just make sure you close this lid tightly after use to prevent the foundation drying out.
Application
I applied this using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush instead of the puff, as I'm more used to applying face products with a damp sponge or brush. Upon application, the cushion is super saturated in the foundation and a little goes along way on the brush. The foundation itself was a medium coverage, that was buildable too, especially around my dark circles and redness. This also gave a beautiful dewy glow to the skin, but I would advise setting this with a tiny bit of powder around the t-zone area, just so you don't look too shiny all over.
Longevity
This lasted amazingly well, especially where I had the redness on my nose. I wore this for a total of around 11 hours and it really didn't budge until the last couple of hours, which is great as usually the first place for this to come off is my nose area. The only thing I would say was I did have quite dry, sun drenched skin and this did cling a little to my peeling nose, so just bear this in mind if you do have really dry skin.
Overall Thoughts
I absolutely loved this foundation as not only did it give me the most gorgeous dewy glow to my skin, it covered my redness, applied beautifully and lasted amazingly well. Yes this is a pricey foundation for the drugstore, but if you take into consideration, the stunning packaging, mirror and added sponge, as well as the uniqueness of this product to the mass market, then I think it's worth the price tag overall.
 
So if you love a foundation that gives you that dewy finish to the skin, but you still like the security of a medium and buildable coverage, then this could be right up your street! The only skin types I would say this may not be suited too are oily and very dry skin.
 
I award the L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation a 4.6 out of 5

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig