Wednesday 27 September 2017

Pixi Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse Review and Photo's

Pixi Double Cleanse Review
Now, this has taken me a while to review, purely because I believe skincare is not something you can review after one use and I really wanted to completely finish the pot before I shared with you my final thoughts. So without further ado here's my review on the Pixi Double Cleanse...
Price
Double Cleanse retails for £24 for a 100ml of product (50ml in each) which I must admit sounds like a lot for a cleanser comparing it to the original Pixi Cleansing Balm that comes in at £18 for 90ml of product. But hey this is a double cleanser containing both a balm/oil and cream cleanser.
Packaging 
I adore the packaging, it's pink, mint green and embossed with rose gold, need I say more... It also comes in a very informative box also.
The actual jar as I mentioned above is split into two, with one containing your Step One Solid Cleansing Oil and the other your Step Two, the Cleansing Cream.
Application
Both of the cleansers contain as Pixi put it 'Skin-Loving Ingredients' including,
Solid Cleansing Oil
- Camellia Oil
- Evening Primrose Oil
- Vitamin E

Cleansing Cream
- Peptide Complex
- Arginine
- Vitamin C
On the box, it is advised that you go in with a small amount of the solid cleansing oil first, that also removes sunscreen and makeup, and then you finish with your second cleanse using the cream cleanser. Both are to be removed with a damp cloth.

Upon application, I found both of the cleansers easy to use... The step one solid oil was light to the touch and broke down my makeup easily and efficiently, although you only need a tiny bit of this as a little really does go along way.

The step two cream to me was more like a cold cream but with a lighter feel to it, I did find I had to use more of this but nonetheless it did the job well as a second cleanse and neither bothered my sensitive hormonal ass skin! Both also left my skin feeling clean and soft to the touch.
Longevity
I used this every day with the exception of a couple of days here and there, and so the pot lasted me around two months in total. The balm/oil side actually ended up lasting me a week extra as I mentioned above a little goes a long way compared to the cream side.
Overall Thoughts
Personally, I have always been an avid fan of the double cleanse as I love the way it really ensures you get rid of all traces of makeup and dirt that builds up throughout the day. Usually, I always go in with an oily/liquid cleanser first then I will use a cream or balm cleanser after. This for me performed the same however, I didn't find this cleanser to be as pleasurable compared to other cleansing oils and creams I have used previously. Don't get me wrong I love the concept of having the convenience of both cleansers in one jar and I find this is especially good to take away for say a two-week holiday. I just expected the cleansers to be a little thicker in consistency and for them to have more of a scent to them considering they both contained such lovely ingredients.

Overall I adore Caroline and I have turned to her blog a lot in the last six months for various skincare concerns and so I admire her for bringing out a wonderfully thought out product that I can imagine is not easy to do as skincare is bewildering in its own right. However, I just don't think this cleanser was for me personally if I weigh up everything I look for including price when purchasing a cleanser.

I award the Pixi Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse a 3.9 out of 5

Definitely, let me know if any of you have used this and what you thought I would love to hear your thoughts too. Feel free to tweet me also @LauraPPBeauty.

And before you go, you may like these posts too...


The Best Drugstore Skincare Dupes You Need To Try
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig