Saturday 3 February 2018

Asda Makeup Review and First Impression

Asda Makeup 
Over the past few years, supermarket make-up brands have stepped up their game with on-trend and affordable make-up products. Today I'm testing out George at Asda Makeup which is something I have been intrigued to test out for a while now, so here are my thoughts...
Price
I picked up three products to try out from the George at Asda Makeup Collection including, the Tamer Brow Cream which retails for a super affordable £3 for 1.5g of product. This comes in Medium and Dark as far as I can see.
The Highlight Palette which contains four stunning colours including,
Lustre - A white/silver shimmer
Sunset - A golden shimmer
Glow - A light rose/pink
Goddess - A bronzy/gold
This retails for £6 for 4.5g of product and it's also the most expensive of the bunch.
And lastly the Matte Lip in A List which retails for £4.50 for 6ml of product. This comes in four shades including A List, Hot Gossip, Red Carpet and Angel Face.

Packaging
ASDA Tamer Brow Cream - The brow cream comes in a convenient and compact pot complete with mini brush. I love the rose gold packaging too. This also looks very similar to the MUA Power Brow which I've also reviewed here.

ASDA Highlight Palette - As I mentioned above you get four decent sized highlighters and the palette also comes with an informative how-to guide on where to put each shade. This also reminds me very much of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Sugar Glow*.

ASDA Matte Lip - Again this comes beautifully packaged and inside you'll find a medium-sized doe foot applicator. This also has a distinct vanilla scent.
Application
ASDA Tamer Brow Cream - I used the brush included to apply the brow tamer and I have to say I loved how easily this glided on, it was also super pigmented and the Medium was a great colour match for me personally.
ASDA Highlight Palette - These apply beautifully and they are all super pigmented. Upon application, I used Glow on the tops of the cheeks and this certainly packed a punch!
ASDA Matte Lip - Upon application, this glided on well, although I did think initially that the colour looked prettier on camera compared to in the flesh. I just thought the colour looked very pale and chalky, however, this did dry down well.

Longevity
All three products lasted pretty well, a good 9 hours to be precise. However, I did get a bit of wear at the tops of my brows towards the end of the night and my highlight had faded ever so slightly also. The matte lip lasted pretty well, but by the end of the day the colour had faded in the middle of my lips and it did start to feel a little dry and uncomfortable.
Overall Thoughts
ASDA Tamer Brow Cream - This was a great value for money, pigmented and long-wearing brow pomade, however comparing this to the MUA Power Brow I have to be honest and say that the MUA one is slightly better value for money, with a better colour selection and this has, even more, staying power overall. Both are great drugstore options but the MUA one just has that edge.
I award the ASDA Tamer Brow a 4 out of 5

ASDA Highlight Palette - The highlighting palette was definitely my favourite out of the three and the colour selection, pigmentation and handy how-to guide made this palette far more superior considering this is only £6 and the fact it's from a supermarket makeup brand. The only thing I would say is that having tried various drugstore highlighters over the years I have to say the Makeup Revolution highlighting palettes are that extra bit value for money considering how many shades you get within one palette. But if you are looking for a great Anastasia Beverley Hills Glow Kit dupe for Sugar Glow, then this Asda version is a wonderful option.
I award the ASDA Highlighting Palette a 4.5 out of 5

ASDA Matte Lip - Again the Matte Lips are fantastic value for money for how much product you get and although there are only four shades available all the colours are very wearable in their own right. A List, the shade I picked up did grow on me and this is actually a really pretty everyday shade is you love a matte lip. Overall I think by now we know what to expect from a matte lip that these can be drying, but honestly, this is a very good option if you're after something a little more affordable.
I award the ASDA Matte Lip a 4.2 out of 5

Other Posts you may like... Primark Insta Girl Priming Oil Review and Photos
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig