Tuesday 20 March 2018

Pixi Matte Last Liquid Lip Swatches and Review

Pixi Matte Last Liquid Lipstick
Happy 1st day of Spring guys! Today in celebration of the start of the warmer weather and Spring blooms I thought I'd share with you these Pixi Matte Liquid Lipsticks that are infused with Rose Hip Seed Oil. Now don't get me wrong, Liquid Lipsticks are notorious for being dry and uncomfortable, but these sound promising because of the added oil factor. So without further ado here are my thoughts and everything you need to know about these Pixi beauties...
Price
Altogether there are 6 shades to choose from including, Au Naturelle, Matte Beige, Pastel Petal, Really Rose and Evening Rose. There is also a new edition called Prettiest Pink. Each retails for £16 for 6.9g of product.
Packaging
The wand is wrapped in Pixi's pretty mint green uniform, but this doesn't take away from the star of the show, the colour inside, which you can clearly see from the outside of the lipstick casing.

I also love the size of these as they're nice and compact to pop in your bag for on the go touch-ups.
Inside you'll find a lovely tear dropped shaped application for a more precise application.
Application
These have a super smooth and thin consistency which helps them glide on effortlessly. All of the shades are also intensely pigmented and dry down more or less straight away to reveal a natural and comfortable matte finish.
These are buildable but personally, I think one layer is enough, however, if you want to team them with your favourite lip liner then these work just as well on top of a lip pencil. I've been enjoying using Matte Beige combined with my favourite MUA Lip Liner in Desert Sand and if you love MAC's Mehr and Brave then Really Rose and Evening Rose are the Liquid Lipsticks for you!
Pixi Matte Last Au Naturelle
Pixi Matte Last Matte Beige
Pixie Matte Last Pastel Petal
Pixi Matte Last Really Rose
Pixi Matte Last Evening Rose
Longevity
Despite a bit of transfer these certainly have staying power, even after eating. I only had to touch up once in the early evening.

An added bonus is the liquid lipsticks come off really easily with either just a cotton pad and some makeup remover or a regular face wipe.


Overall Thoughts
Although they're only being six shades to choose from each shade is totally wearable for everyone and anyone and I definitely think the added oil aspect really helps these liquid lipsticks feel so much more comfortable on the lips overall.

Price wise these are a little more expensive than a drugstore liquid lip however you are getting more for your money which is always a bonus, plus the applicator makes for an all-around easy and quick application process.

If you've read my reviews on liquid lips in the past you'll know I kind of have a love-hate relationship with them, I think mainly because of the fact they can be so drying and uncomfortable on the lips! Nevertheless, these Matte Last Liquid Lips from Pixi have helped me fall back in love with this kind of lipstick thanks to their well thought out formula and applicator.

Have you guys tried these, I would love to know your thoughts also?

I award the Pixi MatteLast Liquid Lip a 4.8 out of 5

*These were sent to me but as always all opinions are my own.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig