Tuesday 15 March 2016

NYX Matte Lipsticks Review and Photos

NYX Matte Lipsticks
Matte lipsticks are possibly my favourite finish when it comes to lipstick choices these days. But I have to say most of the ones I own are high end, as it's hard to find drugstore versions, that come in a wearable shade selection. NYX cosmetics has been a favourite of mine for years now and so I was excited to learn that not only do they now stock a great selection of inexpensive matte lipsticks, they also now sell on Boots online. So here's my thoughts on the NYX matte lipsticks.
Price
These retail for £6.50 for 4.5g of lipstick,which is great compared to a MAC Lipstick which holds only 3g of lipstick. The matte collection consists of an amazing 30 shades too! I wanted to pick up some of NYX best sellers from this range, so I chose, Nude, Natural, Tea Rose and Whipped Caviar.
Packaging
I love the sleek black and clear packaging on these and they are also clearly labelled so you know what collection they are from. You can also see the colours through the middle of the packaging.
Application
These apply so smoothly onto the lips and all the colours I purchased are beautifully pigmented. Here's a run down of the shades I picked up,
Nude - This is actually a very coral/nude and is a stunning colour if you have a lovely tan.
Whipped Caviar - On the website this is described as a muted plum, but I do think to me this is more of brown based pink and it's very similar to MAC's Mehr.
Natural - Don't be fooled by the name as this is actually a mauve.
Tea Rose - Tea Rose is very similar to Natural but with a more pink undertone.
Longevity
The first thing I noticed about these lipsticks throughout the day is they are not drying at all, which is unusual for a matte formula. These did last pretty well throughout the day, but they do transfer quite easily and I did have to re-apply after eating.

Overall Thoughts
Overall these are amazing in both formula and colour selection, as well as being non-drying and affordable too for a drugstore lipstick. Yes they do transfer quite easily, but I do think that's a small price to pay considering the quality of these matte lipsticks. So if your after an on trend, reasonable priced matte lipstick, I would defiantly recommend checking these out.
 
I award the NYX Matte Lipsticks 4.7 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig