Wednesday 22 March 2017

Rimmel Volume Shake Mascara Review & Photos

Rimmel Volume Shake Mascara
I think it's safe to say I've tried my fair share of mascara's. It's something I love buying and I'm forever picking up new ones. This month Rimmel released an interesting looking mascara called the Volume Shake Mascara. Now this is unlike anything I've ever seen or heard of before as the Volume Shake claims to stay fresh right up until it's last use, so here's my thoughts...

Price
The Volume Shake retails for £8.99 for 9ml. However this is currently on an introductory offer of £6.99 at Superdrug in black only.
Packaging
As I mentioned above, this is not like your usual tube of mascara as it's larger and heavier thanks to the unique shaker inside that ensures the mascara stays fresh every time you use it. Inside the brush is a medium sized, full bristled wand.
Application
Upon first application the mascara is pretty wet and a tad messy to work with. I ended up doing three coats on the top and one on the bottom to achieve a lengthened and lifted result. I also found letting each coat dry a little was the best way to apply this mascara to achieve your desired look.

I did like the overall look, however I do think the consistency maybe needed to be a bit thicker and the brush, slightly narrower, so that it got right into the root of the lashes better.
Longevity
This had great staying power throughout the day without the worry of any transfer or flaking.
Overall Thoughts
I loved the concept of this mascara and the fact that it has a unique shaker that helps keep it fresh right up until the last use. However the consistency mixed with the big brush made it tricky to work with to achieve the best results and I do think the brush would work better if it was a bit thinner to compensate with the consistency of the mascara.

With regards to the shaker aspect I can't share with you my final thoughts on this just yet, so keep a look out for this in a future product empties post.

Longevity wise I had no problems with this and I did enjoy the overall look that the mascara gave, despite having to apply three coats as well as letting each one dry in-between.

Overall I do think this is expensive for a drugstore mascara taking into consideration the way that it performs, but I did like the concept as a whole. I'd love to know your thoughts if you've given this mascara a go too.

I award the Rimmel Volume Shake Mascara a 3 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig