Wednesday 11 March 2015

Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm Review and Photos

Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm
I discovered Elemis around 5 years ago on QVCUK and never looked back. I am a big fan of the Pro-Collagen range from Elemis as they always deliver results for me, especially the Pro-Collagen Marine Cream, which is my holy grail face cream.

Over the past year we have seen a new cleansing phenomena within the skincare market, in the shape of the cleansing balm. These balms aim to give you a more luxury, deep cleanse experience, while still achieving the same results your regular cleanser would.

When I discovered Elemis where releasing their own version, of course I had to snap this up and see  what all the fuss was about. Here's my thoughts.

What's your thoughts on Cleansing Balms, do you rate them or hate them and do you have a favourite? Leave a comment down below or tweet me.
Price
This retails for £39.50 for a 105g of cleanser and also includes a spatula to hygienically scoop the product out with, as well as a cleansing cloth. This is a pricey cleanser, but taking into consideration the amount of product you get and what's included, I would expect to pay this for a premium brand cleansing balm.

Packaging
The packaging is simple and clean looking, which is reminiscent of all Elemis products within the pro-collagen line. The cleanser itself comes in a screw top jar with a beautiful silver lid. As mentioned above the box also includes a spatula, flannel and information leaflet.
Application
The first thing I noticed when I opened the jar, was the gorgeous smell, it's packed with potent ingredients including rose, elderberry, padina pavonica and starflower, creating an indulgent, at home spa experience. Upon application a little goes along way, so be sure to use a tiny amount as the product liquefies from the warmth of your hands. It's advised to massage the balm over the face and neck, wetting your fingers, massage a little further until the product turns to a milky consistency, then using a warm cleansing cloth, remove the cleanser. You can also leave the cleansing balm on for longer, for a more extravagant treatment experience.

I absolutely loved the texture of this cleanser, the consistency is like a paste that as mentioned above emulsifies into a milky consistency. The cleanser felt indulgent and decadent and after one use my skin felt and looked amazing. After several uses my skin felt smoother too. This removed my make-up efficiently and is perfect to use as a second, deeper cleanse step incorporated into your skincare routine.

Overall Thoughts 
It's official I'm a cleansing balm convert! I loved the texture and smell of this, it's beautifully indulgent and is ideal if your after a more richer cleansing balm experience. Not only does this remove your make-up well, it also leaves your skin feeling like you've just walked out of a spa, having had an hour long facial! Although this is expensive, I always think you should invest a little more into your skincare routine. Having good skin creates a wonderful canvas for make-up to be applied too and chances are if you have good, clean skin you won't need to wear as much make-up!

I would love to try a few more cleansing balms, high end and drugstore to compare with this Elemis one, but overall I'm impressed by the improvement this has made to my skin and my overall skincare routine.

I award the Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm 4.9 out of 5
Check out my Pamper Routine for more of my favourite Elemis products - http://pinkparadisebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/my-pamper-routine-at-home-spa-facial.html
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig