Friday 22 May 2015

Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer Review and Photos

Bourjois Chocolate Bronzing Powder
Bronzing powder has been part of my make-up routine ever since I can remember and over the past few years I have been using the same Sienna X Bronzer, as it's matte and not too orange. I recently finished this Sienna X one and thought it was finally time for a change. I had heard a lot of things about the popular Bourjois Chocolate Bronzing Powder, so I thought I would give it a try, here's my thoughts.

Have you tried this Bronzing Powder, do you rate it or hate it, I'd love to know your thoughts? Leave a comment down below or tweet me.
Price
This retails for £7.99 for 16.5g of product and comes in two shades, 51 Medium and 52 Tanned. Although this is at the pricier end of the scale for a drugstore bronzer, you do get a good amount of product.
Packaging
The packaging is eye-catching mainly because of the novelty chocolate aspect and powder itself is shaped like a chocolate bar which  has a subtle, pleasant chocolate smell too.
 
Application
I picked this up in shade 51 Medium as this seemed the lightest of the two. Initially I thought this bronzer was matte, as they do look matte in the packaging, but this does have a slight sparkle to it. Upon application there was quite a bit of fallout and it wasn't the greatest to blend either, I did end up having to blend this out with some of my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. The overall finish was patchy and orange looking, almost like I had serious sunburn on my face!

Longevity
I had this on for a total of 11 hours and although the colour did stay for a majority of the day it did fade towards the end of the night.

Overall Thoughts
Even though I had heard good things about this bronzer and of course the packaging and chocolate aspect is eye-catching, for me this was a total fail. The consistency is lovely and silky, but the application was awful, as the bronzer was hard to blend and left me with more of an orange patchy look. It's a shame this bronzer only comes in two, quite dark shades, as it would be great if they also catered for paler complexions who are after a more subtle glow.

I award the Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer 2 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig