Monday 7 September 2015

August Favourites 2015 - Beauty, Make-Up, Nails and Random

August Favourites 2015
Wow where has the Summer gone, I cannot believe we are now into September! Now August has been a little bit of a crazy month for me as the Wedding has kind of taken over my life, it's been a stressful month and I don't think I can bear looking at a glue gun for a while! Now we are finally into September and the month I get married, so I will be sharing a lot more Wedding posts and hopefully it will help some of you out if your getting married in the near future!

I have a few favourites from last month, mostly make-up, so here's the line up. What have been some of your favourites for August? Let me know in the comments down below or tweet me.

1. Elemis Rehydrating Ginseng Toner - If you've been following me for a while now then you'll know I'm a big fan of Elemis. For years I have been using the Apricot toner, but recently I decided it was time for a change, so I switched to this Ginseng version and oh my is this beautiful. It smells so fresh and is a pleasure to use in the morning as it's so refreshing.

2. Real Techniques Duo-Fibre Contour Brush - I had never really had a proper use for this brush until recently I re-discovered it to apply my concealer and powder. It's the perfect dome sized brush to get right under the eye area and is great for blending as well as contouring too.

3. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 10 - I recently reviewed this concealer and loved it, the only thing I didn't like was the very small colour selection Maybelline have to offer here in the UK. I picked up number 10 the lightest shade, but I did think this was a little yellow in tone for the lightest shade. Anyway the more I have got to use this the more I have loved the yellow tone, as it's perfect for covering the redness under my eyes and it also has a beautiful creamy, easy to blend consistency.

4. Benefit High Beam - I've really been enjoying it to strobe and also mix with my foundation for a subtle dewy glow.

5. Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown - I'm a big fan of a strong brow game and I have been using this Dipbrow Pomade to shape the outer part of my brow with a liner brush. I love these pomades as they have the most amazing staying power.

6. Benefit They're Real Mascara in Brown - I absolutely love the original black They're Real version and much to my excitement I was thrilled to hear they had released a brown version! This brown mascara is the most beautifully pigmented, chestnut brown shade, that compliments green or blue eyes perfectly.

7. MAC Hue Lipstick - I've really been into nude lips lately and especially love the look of all the taupe shades trending right now. I do want to pick up a few darker taupe lipsticks, but for now I have been rocking MAC Hue, which is a lovely subtle nude. This is a great shade if your keen to try nude lips but don't feel confident enough to go all out with one of the darker shades.

8. O.P.I Original Nail Envy - O.P.I Nail Envy has been my go to base coat for years now. Just lately I have been sporting bare nails and using this as a treatment to grow my nails a little longer. The Original formula is the best and should be used by applying two coats at the start of the week and then applying one coat every other day.

9. Converse All Star - Just recently it has been a bit chilly here in the UK, so I have been loving wearing my comfy white Converse as they go with everything and are just a great staple to have in your wardrobe.

10. Orange is the New Black on Netflix - Ok so I'm probably the last person on earth to get into this series, but now I'm hooked! This really is a great easy watch comedy, mixed with a sprinkle of darkness.

11. Desi Perkins - I love discovering new YouTubers and although Desi Perkins is not new on YouTube, she is new to me. I recently discovered her through an interview she did on the Video Influences channel and she seem like the most loveliest, genuine lady ever, she also does the most amazing make-up tutorials, that are beautifully edited and put together. If you don't know about her already, you have to check her out!
Desi Perkins Interview - https://youtu.be/2SyHp6tgT1A
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig