Tuesday 10 November 2015

Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick Review and Photos

Too Faced Melted Lipstick
Last year Too Faced released their most exciting lip product to date, in the form of the Melted Liquefied Long Wear Lipstick. Yes quite a mouth full to say, but these follow in the footsteps of the liquid lipstick formulas and claim to have a long wearing staying power. I picked up Melted Fig and Chihuahua to test out, so here's my thoughts.
Price
These retail for around £19 for 12ml here in the UK and $21 in the US, which is around £14 British pounds, so if your in the US I would defiantly snap a few as they are better value for money for a high end make-up brand.

There is 18 shades to choose from, ranging from nude to coral and red to pink. Too Faced is available from Debenhams and BeautyBay.com in the UK and toofaced.com and Sephora in the US.
Packaging
I love the packaging of these Melted Lipstick, as their colourful and eye-catching. Each lipstick comes in it's own coloured packaging, to represent what shade it is, making them easy to identify from the box alone. The lipstick itself comes in an easy to use squeezy tube with a foam tip applicator and hygienic screw top.
Application
These apply beautifully and are super pigmented too. They also have a lovely creamy consistency that feels smooth on the lips, just be careful if you opt for a bright or dark colour as these are a little more tricky to apply.
Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Melted Fig
Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Chihuahua
Longevity
As per the title these claim to be long wearing, but unfortunately this wasn't the case for me. Although these apply wonderfully, I had a lot of transfer from them and they never really dried down properly, which was a shame. I also felt they became really drying on the lips as the day went on, so I would recommend applying a lip balm while your doing your make-up, so that your lips are well moisturised by the time you come to applying the liquid lipstick.
Melted Fig
Chihuahua
Overall Thoughts
Although these have attractive packaging, come in a great colour selection and have a gorgeous consistency, the longevity was disappointing for me. I wanted to love these, but longevity is a big thing for me and these just didn't cut it in this category. These are also fairly expensive here in the UK and I would expect them to last a little longer considering the price.

Overall I don't think I would purchase anymore colours because of this and plus there is a lot of liquid lipsticks on the market that have better longevity for a fraction of the price.

I award the Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick 3 out of 5

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig