Friday 18 March 2016

Sleek Highlighting Palette in Solstice Review and Photos

Sleek Highlighting Palette
Following on from my review on the Revolution Radiant Lights Palette, I wanted to share with you another drugstore highlighter I discovered recently from Sleek. Having never tried anything from Sleek MakeUp before, I figured this would be a good place to start, so here's my thoughts.
Price
The Solstice Highlighting Palette retails for £10 for 9g of product, which is actually quite a lot for a drugstore brand, but it does come in the most beautiful packaging and it contains four different textured highlighters that can be used on the face and body.
Packaging
The Solstice palette comes in a black box, which has clear and informative information on what you get in the palette, as well as some really useful instructions and tips and tricks on how to use this. The compact itself is stunning and everything about it screams goddess! It's adorned in an expensive looking gold case with a mirror, brush and of course the main attractions, the four beautiful highlighters including,
1. Ecliptic - a cream based light bronze/pink
2. Hemisphere -  a lilac silver baked formula
3. Subsolar - a finely milled champagne, shimmery shade
4. Equinox - a golden peach shade, which is also baked too
Application
As I mentioned on the back of the box, it has a few tips on where you could apply each highlighter, which is what I ended up doing, although I didn't use the brush it came with, as this is one of those standard cheap formulated brushes you tend to get in compacts. Instead I used my fingers and a brush to highlight my brow bone, inner corners of my eyes, cheek bones and cupids bow, but as it mentions on the box these are multipurpose highlighters and can be used anywhere.

Out of all the shades in the palette, my favourite's where Ecliptic, the cream highlight, which looks particularly stunning in the corners of the eyes and cupids bow and Equinox, which is perfect for that cheek strobe and also to dust all over the body. Because of it's lilac base, Hemisphere is not as wearable as the three other shades, but it is lovely to apply for an evening out. Subsolar is a beautifully pigmented champagne shade and again is another one that can be worn anywhere, but I'd say this one is not as smooth and blendable as the others.
Longevity
These stayed really well throughout the day, but if you are going out at night and not re-doing your make-up I would defiantly re-apply them so they pop that little bit more for the evening.
Overall Thoughts
Despite the expensive price tag for a drugstore highlighting palette, these are defiantly unique, beautifully pigmented and versatile. The packaging is stunning and informative and the wear time is great, which makes these an all round perfect quad for anyone and everyone. So if your after a multi-purpose highlighting kit that's not as expensive as some of the high end options, but still has exceptional quality, then this could be for you!

I award the Sleek Highlighting Palette in Solstice 4.7 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig