Saturday 26 March 2016

St Tropez Bronzing Face Lotion Review and Photos

St Tropez Bronzing Lotion Face
Now we are hopefully getting into the warmer months, it's time to whip out the fake tan and prepare for the bikini season. But as you all know it's important to look after your face and neck area especially in the Summer months and this is something I've become especially conscious of as I get older. So now I pay even more attention to my face by protecting it from the elements on a daily basis with an SPF 50. (I will talk more about this in my updated skincare routine in my next post.)

With all of this taken into consideration I now only like to fake tan my face in the Summer and so I wanted to try out a few self tanners, that are especially designed for this area. First up is the St Tropez Untinted Bronzing Face Lotion, so here's my thoughts.
Price
The bronzing face lotion retails for £22 for 50ml, for me this is a lot for a fake tanner just for the face, but this is St Tropez, so this sort of price point is to be expected. The plus points are this does claim to be hydrating, non pore blocking and quick drying, plus this is a nice size too.
Packaging
The packaging is simple, sleek and reminiscent of all St Tropez products. I also like the fact that the tube itself has a hygienic pump dispenser and lid.
Application
Although this is untinted, it actually applied really easily to the skin, just make sure you've covered the whole of your face and neck evenly and you shouldn't have any real problems with patchiness. Upon application I also found this to be non-greasy, pleasant smelling and it sank into the skin right away, which was great as this does mention you can apply the lotion under make-up, like a primer.
Longevity
This lasted about 4 days on my face, which was good considering what I tend to use on a daily basis on my skin. The colour is also buildable, but I would say one application is ampules to give you that sunkissed glow.
Overall Thoughts
I did like this fake tan, as it left my skin with a subtle sunkissed glow, that gave me just that hint of colour to liven up my face for the summer. Overall this was easy to use and it sank in really quickly, which is always a must for me when using face products.

The only thing I didn't like was the price because your not getting as much for your money, like you would with a normal body self tanner, that potentially you could use on your face too. Despite this I thought the lotion had a lovely holiday smell to it and it didn't block up my skin either, I also love the fact that you could wear this under make-up too. So if you are in need of a natural, but safe self tanner, that's especially designed for the face, then this could be worth a try, if your not to bothered by the expensive price tag.

I award the St Tropez Bronzing Face Lotion 4.5 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig