Sunday 5 February 2017

The POWER of Makeup

The Power of Makeup
Isn't it funny how as human beings we're all born into the world as pure as can be, with super soft skin, untouched nails and lashes to die for! Today I was inspired to write another personal post about the power of make-up thanks to Lex, also known as Blogger Talented Lex who recently posted a photo of herself with one side of her face with make-up and the other side without. She expressed her feelings on how she felt exposed and less confident without make-up and how she also was trying to overcome her skin insecurities.

This really got me thinking about my own experiences and about why we do wear make-up??

Make-up for me has always been a passion from a young age. I used to adore doing my friends make-up and trying out different looks from pictures we had ripped out of magazines. Coming from a creative background I always saw make-up as an art and it really wowed me how different techniques could enhance or even change your whole face shape.

So why do we wear make-up and why do we feel ten times more confident with it on than off? Does it make you feel good? Does it cover up insecurities you may have? Or do you wear it to impress? For me personally I have to be honest and say it does make me more confident and powerful when I do wear make-up. But I also feel quite liberated when I choose not to wear make-up every now and then. However I do think there is a stigma behind not wearing make-up and worrying about what people will think or whether they will look at you differently?

I recently read about how powerful not wearing make-up can be and how you can be judged instantly without a second thought. YouTube sensation Em Ford is a prime example of this and her video speaks volumes to the world we live in today.
She was judged for how she looked without make-up and this really struck a cord with me about the way society can be and that we shouldn't be criticized for what we look like on the outside. After all we are all born equally onto this planet and we should also be treated with the same respect too.

When I was younger I was bullied too for the way I looked and I saw make-up as an outlet to cover up the things that had never been an issue before, but had become an insecurity because of the way I was made to feel. Nowadays I still have my insecurities just like everyone else, but I now embrace who I am and focus on the features I do love.
We don't live in a perfect world and I think something as harmless as make-up is a great way to have fun and express yourself.

So whether we choose to wear or not it should never be a reflection of who we are as a person...
'No one can make you feel inferior without your permission'
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great post. thanks for sharing these beautiful posts. makeup courses UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wellness & Beautician Courses After 12th. Get Certified & Become a Professional Beauty Expert. 100% placement assistance guarantee. Call +91 9815789999

    ReplyDelete

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig