Sunday 22 April 2018

Aldi Charcoal Clearing Mudmask and Charcoal Mud To Foam Cleanser Review - The New Glamglow Dupes?!

Aldi Charcoal Mask and Aldi Charcoal Cleanser
Over the past couple of months, I've been testing out a ton of supermarket skincare from Aldi and today I wanted to share with you some of Aldi's newest releases, the Aldi Lacura Charcoal Skincare Collection. The collection consists of a Cleanser, Wipes, Micellar Water and Mask. I have two of the four items to share with you and I think you'll agree these look very similar to a certain high-end brand! So here are my thoughts...
Price 
As I mentioned the Aldi Charcoal Collection consists of fours skincare items including,
- Aldi Lacura Charcoal Mud to Foam Cleaner £5.99 150ml
- Aldi Lacura Charcoal Clearing Mudmadk £5.99 50ml
- Aldi Lacura Charcoal Micellar Water £1.99 200ml
- Aldi Lacura Charcoal Facial Wipes £1.29 25pk
I picked up the Mud to Foam Cleanser and Mud mask to test out.
Packaging
I think I'm in the majority vote when I say that the packaging for this collection looks very similar to the cult brand Glamglow. And what's even more exciting is that about half ingredients are the same!(I'll explain in more detail down below).
The Aldi Mud to Foam Cleanser is very comparable to the Glamglow Supercleanse Cream to Foam Cleanser that retails for £24 for 150ml also. The only difference being the original Glamglow version comes in a tube and the Aldi Cleanser has a hygienic pump applicator for ease of use.
Ingredients wise I have listed all the ingredients that are exactly the same below,
- Aqua
- Magnesium Aluminum Silicate
- Glyceryl Stearate
- Glycerin
- Charcoal Powder
- Kaolin
- Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf
- Ethylhexylglycerin
- Sodium Chloride
- Xanthan Gum
- Lactic Acid
- Glycolic Acid
- Parfum
- Phenoxyethanol
The Aldi Charcoal Mud Mask is a worthy dupe for the Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment. The original Glamglow version comes in a white hexagon shaped box but the similarities are clear to see as half the ingredients are indeed the same...
- Aqua
- Kaolin
- Magnesium Aluminum Silicate,
- Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf
- Lactic Acid
- Glycolic Acid
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice
- Sodium Hydroxide
- Ethylhexylglycerin
- Xanthan Gum
- Parfum
- Limonene
- Linalool
- Phenoxyethanol
- Potassium Sorbate
- Sodium Benzoate
- CI 77499
Just like the Supermud, the Charcoal Mudmask comes in the conventional glass jar, but I actually like using this with a flat foundation brush for a more precise and hygienic application.
Application
Charcoal Mud to Foam Cleanser
WHAT DOES IT DO? - The Mud to Foam Charcoal Cleanser is designed to not only remove makeup but to help exfoliate, mattify and improve the overall skins texture. This is also power packed with some fantastic ingredients including Eucalyptus Oil, Glycolic and Lactic Acid as well as Clay and Coconut Extract.

HOW TO APPLY - Now, although this can remove makeup I really wasn't keen on using the cleanser around my eye area so I first went in with a micellar water to remove my eye makeup and then I used one pump of the cleanser for the rest of the face.

This to me is actually like using a more watered down charcoal face mask, it feels gritty to the touch (but not harsh you can just feel that it has a bit of texture) and it has a fairly thick consistency. You can also smell the freshness of the Eucalyptus oil coming through as you wipe the cleanser over your face. To finish all you need to do is wet your fingers to really massage the product in and then rinse well with a damp flannel or cloth.

One pump is adequate if your using this to cleanse with and one and a half pumps is a sufficient amount if you're using this to take your makeup off. It's also recommended you wear an SPF when using these products but you guys know that I consider an SPF a vital part of my skincare routine anyway.

OVERALL RESULTS -
Afterwards, my skin felt super clean and almost like it had stripped off every ounce of product I had on my skin, thus it felt slightly drying and tight at the same time.

I actually prefer this in the evening as a one-step cleanser if I don't want to faff around with cream and oil cleansers, but overall it does a great job at removing anything from your face quickly and I have personally become obsessed with how clean it's made my face feel.
Charcoal Clearing Mud Mask
WHAT DOES IT DO? - The Mudmask aims to balance out problem skin and help improve not only the skins texture but reduce imperfections if used on a regular basis, but it's worth noting both of these products are not suitable for sensitive skin.

Just like the cleanser, the mask is full of the same terrific ingredients that draw out impurities and make the skin feel clean and fresh overall.

HOW TO APPLY - Again this has that lovely refreshing Eucalyptus smell and a slightly gritty consistency. As I mentioned above I used this with a brush to get a more precise application, as a little does go along way.

It is recommended you leave this on for 5-10 mins, I left this on for 10 mins and I have to say it dried down pretty quickly and felt tight on the skin. To me this actually felt like you could feel the product working away, it wasn't tingly but you could definitely feel the mask on the skin.

OVERALL RESULTS - Afterwards, my skin looked mattified and felt smooth, but just like the cleanser, my skin felt taut and dry because of the potent ingredients within the mask nevertheless, after using this for two months I'm happy to report my skin feels clean, clear and balanced.
Overall Thoughts 
Charcoal Mud to Foam Cleanser - I'm such a big fan of this as not only is it ridiculously affordable compared to the Glamglow Cleanser, but it does exactly what it says on the packaging. It removes makeup like a dream, exfoliates the skin and overall makes the skin feel smooth, clean and refined. So if you're after a no-nonsense, no fuss cleanser that's nourishing and power-packed full of skin clearing ingredients, then this may be the cleanser for you.

I award the Aldi Lacura Charcoal Mud to Foa Cleanser a 4.8 out of 5.


Charcoal Clearing Mud Mask - Again this is a fantastic skin clearing clay mask full of potent ingredients to help reduce imperfections, detox the skin and draw out impurities. And if you're looking for a pretty incredible and affordable dupe for the Glamglow Supermud, then this is the one for you!

I award the Aldi Lacura Charcoal Clearing Mud Mask a 4.8 out of 5

The Charcoal Spa Collection was a limited edition collection but I have seen this still available in some Aldi's and I am hoping they may bring this back in the future as I have seen other products come back once in a while. So if you like the sound of these and you do find them I would snap them up right away! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig