Thursday 10 April 2014

NYX Butter Gloss Review, Swatches & Photos

 
I was really intrigued by the hype of NYX Cosmetics current offering so I was excited to finally get my hands on these Butter Glosses! Here's my thoughts.
PRICE
These are a steal at £5, I think this is a great price for such a premium formula product.
 
PACKAGING
The packaging is simple and cute, I love that the whole tube is coloured to match the gloss inside and they look really pretty on your make-up vanity!
There is 6.5g of product compared to a MAC Lipglass which holds 4.8g of gloss and is priced at £14!
The collection comes in 12 colours here in the UK ranging from a natural nude to a bright pink.
APPLICATION
On opening the tube the consistency looks gooey and sticky, they have a beautiful sweet vanilla scent and the colour I found was buildable for a more vibrant or natural look.
They apply smoothly and the applicator is the perfect size for my lips, it feels so light and smooth like I have nothing on.
LONGEVITY
I tested Peaches and Cream out from 9am to 7pm, unfortunately these don't last all day but they also don't claim to be long wearing.
Around mid-morning the gloss started to wear after snacking but it still left a little colour on the lips, I did have to re-apply after eating lunch as the gloss had totally worn off by then. It did last again into the afternoon but did slightly wear as per mid-morning then around 6pm when I had my evening meal it had totally worn off again.
OVERALL THOUGHTS
I can see why these little glosses have created such a cult following, they are cute and handbag sized, apply smoothly with ease to create a buildable colour, they smell amazing and are only £5! For me these are a hit and I am excited to try more colours within this range, my only disappointment is that you do have to re-apply throughout the day, but this is a small price to pay for such a brilliant lip product.
 
I award the NYX Butter Gloss 4.6 out of 5
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig