Tuesday 8 July 2014

Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner Review and Photos

I'm a big fan of the Benefit They're Real Mascara and have been waiting in anticipation for the new launch of the push up liner from They're Real Family, I finally got my hands on it last week so here's my thoughts.
 
Price 
This retails for £18.50 here in the UK for 1.4g of product, compared to a Bobbi Brown gel liner pot which has 3g for £18, so this is a little pricey and not as good value for money, but I expect that from a high end brand and such a distinctive liner.
 
Packaging
The packaging is signature to the They're Real family with the black, gold and white box and writing.
The box is full of useful information about the purpose of the liner, how to use it and a consumer results poll percentage on the liner. Inside the box is a great tips and tricks leaflet on how to get different styled liner, which is super beneficial for anyone who is totally alien to such a unique liner.
The liner itself has sleek black packaging and is the perfect size to throw in your make-up bag for on the go touch-ups.
Application
When you first use the pen you need to twist a few times for the product to come out, I had to dab the excess off onto my hand before using, then it advises to twist once to push up the liner. The tip itself is made up of a really thin rubber to give you a nice precise line, when I started applying to the eyes this defiantly helped get really close to my lash line without leaving those nasty white gaps you get sometimes when using a normal pencil liner.
I did get a pretty defined line when applying, but I think it will take me a few goes to get used to the tip and how much product I need for each eye.
Longevity
For me I had no problem with regards to longevity with this liner, it did not budge the whole 8 hours I had this on, I had no transfer onto my eyes or any smudges or flaking, it just looked exactly the same as when I put it on that morning!
Just a side note, this is quite hard to get off, so make sure you have a good eye make-up remover to hand, I know Benefit have come out with one to accompany the push-up liner.
Overall Thoughts
I'm totally impressed with this liner as I am a big fan of gel liners in the pot anyway, because of there longevity and freedom you get to create your perfect line with a thin brush, but with the Benefit Push-Up liner it makes it even easier to apply in a pen form as it still gives you all the pros of a gel liner but with a precise application rubber tip.
The longevity is excellent and the consistency perfect, as I said before it will just take me a few goes to get used to this unique applicator, but I think I'll be good in no time at all! I'm even considering using this as part of makeup look for when I get married!
 
The only down point for me is the price as this is a little pricey for a tiny amount of product compared to the pot form, but it's a small price to pay for a high end innovative liner.
I would love to see Benefit come out with some different colours to accommodate other gel liner fans as this would be the perfect applicator for this.
 
I awards the Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner 4.8 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig