Saturday 17 January 2015

Best in Beauty 2014 - My Top 10

Best in Beauty 2014 - Top Ten
First off I'd like to say Happy New Year and thank you to you all for you support over 2014, I hope everyone had a lovely festive period! 2014 has been a year of new discoveries and re-kindling old favourites, so I wanted to narrow this down to my Top Ten Best in Beauty for 2014 to share with you. What have been your most loved beauty and nail products you've reached for in 2014?
Join the conversation at www.twitter.com/laurappbeauty
Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream
What can I say that isn't good about this face cream, it's my holy grail cream and when it comes to skincare especially face cream I think it's worth splurging a bit. Yes this is a little on the pricey side at around £50 a pot for 30ml, but I never pay this price, I usually look for the cream in a gift pack or in an offer on QVCUK. With regards to the cream itself, the smell is gorgeous, very lightly and never overpowering, it has the most beautiful lightweight, fluffy texture that sinks into the skin instantly and the best thing about the Pro-Collagen is I always see a difference in my skin. This is essentially an anti-wrinkle cream for fine lines and for me this really helps delay them.
 
St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Lotion
Although it can be a bind to apply sometimes, self tanning has come a long way since the streaky, biscuit smelling days and what girl doesn't like a bit of fake tan to disguise blemishes and give you a healthy, natural glow. Now I had heard a lot about St Moriz self tanning lotion, mainly because of the price, so I had to try this out and I now have become a fan of this affordable gem! The lotion is super easy to apply, non streaky and smells gorgeous, plus I always wake up with a lovely 'non-orange' glow!
 
The Body Shop Body Butter
If you've been following me for a while now you will know that The Body Shop Body Butters are my favourite way to intensely moisturise my skin at night. Shea Butter is my go to scent as it has a light, calming, spa like smell and does the trick every time of making my skin feel like silk. The Body Shop also released their newest scent Wild Argan Oil, which has become my joint number one along side the Shea Butter, but if they don't float your boat there is also 20 other amazing scents to choose from.
 
Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Delight
I'm usually a musky, deep dark scent kind of girl, but last year I discovered the latest edition to the Marc Jacobs Daisy family, Eau So Fresh Delight. I had always been a fan of the original Daisy perfume, but this is a lot more floral, light and fresh and I really fell in love with this as it reminds me of Spring days and is perfect as an everyday perfume, plus the packaging is beautiful.

Colab Dry Shampoo

While my favourite has always been the Batiste Dry Shampoo, when I saw Blogger Ruth Crilly had launched her own dry shampoo range that was sheer invisible I had to give this ago and boy was I not disappointed. Not only was this such a well thought out product, it's also invisible on the hair, it comes in four scents that smell like a luxury perfume, handy travel sizes are available and it's amazingly affordable!

Benefit Hervana Blusher

 This blusher has been my go to blush for nearly two years now, it's just the perfect suits everyone cheek shade, that's classic and goes with any makeup look. It has a mix of  pinky/peach, taupe and nude which I like because they are matte and plus it smells good too!


Make Up For Ever HD Foundation
Ok I may be late on this one, but hey better late than never and now I see what all the fuss is about, for me this is an amazing full coverage foundation that gives a flawless high definition finish, looks perfect in a picture and it lasts all day, what more could a girl ask for in a foundation.


MAC Lipstick
Now for me this was all I reached for in 2014, my beloved MAC lipsticks, ok they are a little pricey but for what I consider a high end brand compared to Tom Ford or Burberry, they are at the more affordable end of the high end scale. I just love the endless colour selection, the vanilla scent and the highly pigmented colour that can transform any makeup look. My go to colours have been Cherish, Rebel, Show Orchid and Angel.
http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/168/310/Products/Lips/Lipstick/Lipstick/index.tmpl

Real Techniques Core and Dup Fibre Collection
I received the Real Techniques Core and Duo Fibre Collections for Christmas last year and I haven't put them down since, they are again well thought out brushes and some of the best I've seen in a long time, especially for the price. I'm always a great believer that a set of good quality makeup brushes can transform how your makeup is applied and looks and these help me achieve the best I can with my makeup whether it be drugstore or high end. My favourite brushes are the Buffing brush, Duo-Fiber Face Brush, Contour Brush and Duo-Fiber Contour Brush.
http://www.boots.com/en/Real-Techniques/Real-Techniques-brush-sets/

China Glaze Nail Polish
There's something about neon nail polish that makes me happy and the only brand that does the best shades is China Glaze. For me they are on point with every neon collection they bring out, I admit the formula is not the greatest but once you pop your top coat on, the colour sure does make up for it! My go to neon's for Summer are Flip Flop Fantasy, Shocking Pink and Purple Panic.
http://chinaglaze.com/

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig