Wednesday 1 April 2015

Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow Review and Photos

Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow

I had never heard of the brand Kiko until recently. Kiko is an Italian brand, stocking everything from, nail polish to make-up, skincare to brushes. This affordable brand can be found online and in stand alone stores around the UK. Last month I popped into the Regent Street store to take a closer look at what they had to offer. I had heard a few people talk about the shadow sticks because of their staying power, great colour selection and affordability, so here's my thoughts.

What would you recommend I review next from Kiko? Tweet me or leave a comment below.
Price
These retail for £6.90 each for 1.64g, which is amazing value for money, considering they come boxed and have the most beautiful sleek packaging.
Packaging
Most Kiko products are packaged in simple black packaging, reminiscent of MAC Cosmetics. I love how each item comes boxed too, making it feel like your buying into a high end, expensive brand. These long lasting stick eye shadows come in 32 shades and go by numbers on the box and names and numbers on the website. I picked up three shades in 5, 7 & 25.
 
Application
Upon application these glide on really easily. The consistency is a little slippery but they do dry out once applied to the eyes. I used number 5 in the socket and blended this out with a crease brush. Although they have great pigmentation, I did feel like I needed another layer to create the desired intensity, I blended this out with my finger.
Longevity
On the packaging the eye shadow sticks claim to hold for 8 hours with no transfer and when I swatched these in the shop, I could not get them off my hand! I applied no 5 at 10am that morning and by 2pm I had quite a bit of creasing and some of the product had worn off completely. By 9pm I hardly had any colour left in my crease, but most of the colour was still visible in my socket.

Overall Thoughts
I was really excited to try these, especially because of the price, longevity and great colour selection. Unfortunately the staying power in the crease was not impressive at all and just made my eye make-up look messy, which was a shame. To get the best from these eye shadow sticks, I think they would be better suited as an eye shadow base, worn with a primer underneath.

Although this was my first time trying anything from Kiko, it hasn't put me off wanting to try some more different products, as they do remind me of a cross between MAC and Inglot, but for half the price. Let me know in the comments down below if you've tried these stick eye shadows, I'd love to know your thoughts too?

I award the Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow 2.7 out of 5

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig