Thursday 18 February 2016

Rimmel In Shower Self Tan Review and Photos

Rimmel In-Shower Self Tan
Self Tanning is one for my favourite past times, as it always makes me feel complete when I have a nice glow to my skin. Of course fake tanning is the safest option, but with so many different types on the market it can be a mind field out there.

Last year came the release of the in-shower self tanner from St Tropez and although this intrigued me, I couldn't justify the price tag if this new, innovative product didn't work out for me. Thankfully Rimmel have come out with a more affordable option, so I thought I would give it a go and share my thoughts on this interesting concept.
Price
This retails for £9.99 for 200ml, but this can be found in Superdrug on offer for £6.59 for a limited time only.
Packaging
The packaging is lovely, bright and eye-catching. it's also a great size for a all over fake tanner. This is also packaged in a squeezy tube for easy application.
Application
At first this seemed like a very bizarre way to apply your fake tan, but the idea is you shower with your normal shower gel and then you apply the tanner while in the shower. It's then advised to gently rinse your skin, step out and gently pat yourself dry. I did exfoliate and moisturise the day before to prep my skin.
At first, this serum like tanner felt as though I was rubbing a kind of grease or oil into my skin and I did think how on earth is this going to take effect! But the lotion instantly sunk in and when I went to rinse the remainder off, the water just glided off where I had applied it. Surprisingly the self tanner dried quite quickly after I had patted myself dry and I was able to step into my pj's without any problems, but don't forget to wash the palms of your hands to avoid any fake tan mishaps after you get out the shower. This also left a lovely fresh, perfumed smell on my skin.
It does mentions that the colour develops within a few hours, but I would recommend doing this at night to give it a nice amount of time for it to develop properly. It also does say that this may stain your clothing, so again this is better to do in the evening.

The next day I showered and moisturised as normal and discovered I had quite a pleasant glow to my skin. But this was only a glow, so if your after instant darker results, I don't think this could be for you. One thing that did stand out the most for me the next day, was the smell. Gone was the lovely perfumed smell and in it's place the good old biscuity scent, which ended up lingering for the whole day, even after I had showered.

I ended up applying two coats of the tanner to my legs to see how deep the colour would get, as I do think this is more of a gradual tanning product. The results were not to my liking as I feel I looked slightly orange, so I do think one application was enough for me to achieve the shade I was happy with.
Longevity
With the two layers of tan, this lasted just under a week which was good going and I guess you could reapply this after the 3rd or 4th day to top up your tan. But I would recommend trying out two applications first just in case the colour isn't for you.

Overall Thoughts
Overall the Rimmel In-Shower Self Tanner did work great and defiantly gave me a lovely glow initially, but I do think anymore applications and it tends to look a little less natural. I also found that because of the in shower application process you couldn't customise how much colour you applied to certain areas, especially the parts that tend to take to self tanner more, like the knees, feet, hands and elbows.

This tanner for me is a great convenient, gradual self tanner, if your a mum and you don't have time to fake tan usually, but you do like to pamper yourself now and again.This is also perfect if you have a special occasion to go to and you've ran out of time to go through the whole fake tanning process a few days before. But if your after a deep, dark instant tan, then this may not be for you.
 
I award the Rimmel In-Shower Self Tan 3.8 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig