Friday 22 April 2016

Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara Review and Photos

Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara
Following on from my One Brand First Impression video and review on the Kate Sculpting Palette, is the Volume Colourist Mascara. Now this mascara did intrigue me, purely for the fact it claims to tint your lashes over time as well as giving instant volume. Having tinted my own lashes for years, I thought this seemed like a rather interesting concept, so here's my thoughts on the Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara.
Price
This retails for £7.99 for 11ml of product, it also comes in Black and Extreme Black. I picked this up in black.
Packaging
I love the gorgeous metallic purple and black packaging on this mascara, to me it looks very chic and expensive looking. The brush itself is long with lots of thick bristles, it's also tapered towards the top of the brush too.
Application
Upon application, the colour was nice and the mascara was buildable, but apart from this, the formula was drying and overall it didn't add much volume or length to my lashes at all.

With regards to the tinting aspect, obviously this is something that happens over time, so I wasn't able to see instant results, but I will keep you updated on this, in either a couple of months or in a product empties video.
Longevity
Longevity wise, this did stay in place all day without smudging or transferring onto my eye area, which was great.
Overall Thoughts
Overall this for me was an average mascara, obviously I can't properly review the tinting part of this, but taking into account the fact that it claims to volumize and lengthen your lashes too, for me it just didn't give me that wow factor I had hoped to see.

The brush, colour and longevity are great, but I always want a mascara to give me length, volume and thickness and this on it's own, doesn't quite make the cut because of it's dry formulation. I will try teaming it with another thick formulated mascara and also using lash curlers to see if it performs better with other mascaras, so again I will keep you updated.

So if your after a mascara that not only gives you volume, but tints your lashes, I would personally say your probably better off getting them tinted professionally and just sticking with a mascara you know and love to give you the results you want on top.

I award the Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara 2.5 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig