Monday 22 August 2016

Real Techniques Miracle Diamond Sponge Review & Photos

Real Techniques Bold Metals Miracle Diamond Sponge
Following on from my review on the new Real Techniques Ultimate Base Set, comes the brand new Miracle Diamond Sponge which is part of the premium Bold Metals Collection. This multi-tasking sponge has a very unique design, which defiantly makes it unlike anything I've ever used before, so here's my thoughts.
Price
This retails for £12 which is twice the price of the original Miracle Complexion Sponge, but as I mentioned above this is uniquely designed and it's also the newest member to the premium Bold Metals range.
Packaging
The packaging is stunning, totally on trend and the sponge is actually too nice to use! The box which the sponge comes in has lots of useful information, as well as some handy tips and tricks. I've also linked the Real Techniques video on how to use this sponge too. The sponge itself is shaped like a 900 carat diamond and has a beautiful and exclusive marble design, so no two sponges will ever be the same.
Application
This is a multi-tasking sponge that can be used wet or dry to apply, powders, creams, foundations, blusher or anything you like really. Each side can also be utilised in quite a few different ways to dab, spread or press products onto the skin. I actually used this sponge damp to press my foundation in the conventional way to create a flawless finish. I then used this to blend out my cream contour also.
This was relatively easy to use and I would say this sponge is a little bouncier than the Miracle Complexion Sponge. The pointy edge is great to get into the sides of the nose, but it's almost too pointy to blend in concealer around the eye area and so I would recommend using the top facets to dab in your concealer around the eye area.
Overall Thoughts
Overall I would say this does take a bit of getting used to, because of the uniquely defined edges on the sponge and I do think the pointy end maybe could be slightly rounded off to fit under the eyes more comfortably. But apart from that I do think this is a gorgeous looking, soft sponge, which is great to not only give you a flawless coverage, but to use with so many different products. This is also great if your travelling and you don't want to take as many brushes with you or your a busy mum who is short for time and you need to apply product quickly.

So if your after a sponge to apply foundation only, then you're probably better off using the original Miracle Complexion Sponge instead. But if you do want a sponge that can be used to multi-task or your a die-hard Real Techniques fan, who is partial to a bit of marble to add to your collection, then I would say go for it!

I award the Real Techniques Miracle Diamond Sponge 4.4 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig