Thursday 25 August 2016

NYX Liquid Suede Soft Spoken - Kat Von D Lolita Dupe

NYX Soft Spoken
Following on from my review on the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi, I did mentioned I would have another post on the Liquid Suede's, which are another one of NYX's iconic lip products. Now I know these have been out for a while now, but finally we are lucky enough to be able to access these beauties more easily here in the UK thanks to NYX finally taking the step to stock in most Boots stores nationwide.

I only picked up one shade to try in Soft Spoken before I made the decision on whether these do live up to their name, so here's my thoughts.
These retail for £6.50 and come in 12 fun and playful colours and as I mentioned above I picked up the shade Soft Spoken which is a great dupe for Kat Von D's Lolita. But if you haven't seen either of these, then this shade is a richly pigmented medium brown/nude for reference.
The packaging is relatively plain, with the shade of the lipstick doing all the talking. The wand has a fantastic long, flat doe foot applicator for ease of application. Upon application this lipstick glides on effortlessly in just one coat and has a beautiful semi matte finish.
This does transfer slightly but don't worry as this has the most impressive staying power! I wore this all day and I couldn't believe how well this stayed even whilst eating and drinking throughout the day!

Overall these are a fantastic liquid lipstick if your into bold lips and super staying power! The colour selection could be a little better for the UK compared to the 25 shades available in the US, but nevertheless these are affordable, accessible and amazing quality for a drugstore lip product.

I award the NYX Liquid Suede in Soft Spoken 4.8 out 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig