Friday 12 August 2016

Real Techniques Ultimate Base Set Review & Photos

Real Techniques Ultimate Base Collection
Real Techniques have been smashing it lately with some exciting new brush set combinations, as well as a pretty exciting range of new face sponges too! I think I'm in the majority vote when I say I love the Real Techniques brushes because they are high quality, professional, affordable and accessible.

The Ultimate Base Collection is one of the newest editions to the line and although you've seen these brushes and sponge before, they've now been perfectly paired together to create as the title suggests, the Ultimate Base Set. Having never tired either of the brushes, I thought I'd share my thoughts on this new pairing.
Price
This retails for £20.99, which at first glance seems a lot, but if you break it down, the Expert Face Brush is usually £8.99, the Miracle Complexion Sponge is £5.99 for one and the Deluxe Concealer Brush is an exclusive brush to the set. So really this is a great price point for two best-sellers, a special concealer brush as well as a holder that has a lovely large mirror too.
Packaging
The box, brushes and sponge are all in the signature core collection orange shade, which is great for identifying each brush. As I mentioned above this also comes with a small brush holder too, which I personally wouldn't use as I couldn't fit all my brushes in there, but you do get a decent sized handy mirror included in the holder which is great for travel.
Application
The set consists of the Iconic Expert Face Brush, Miracle Complexion Sponge and a Deluxe Concealer Brush. Both the brushes and sponge help you to achieve an easy and flawless face base.
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - This brush is a great for foundation application as the bristles are short, dense and soft, so it's easy for you to distribute the foundation easily all over the face.
Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush
Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush - This is a wonderful shaped brush and the perfect size for blending concealer out under the eyes, chin, nose and forehead.
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge - I love this sponge for applying full coverage foundation especially, you can also use this damp or dry, but I personally think this is better damp for a more flawless coverage. My current preferred way to use this sponge is to apply my foundation with the expert face brush and conceal on top using the concealer brush, then to finish I just go over my base with the complexion sponge to ensure everything is even and flawless looking.
 
Overall Thoughts
This such a great collection of some of Real Techniques cult favourites and best sellers, it's also a great base starter kit for anyone starting out in make-up or if your a Real Technique Brush fanatic! I have the original core collection and while I did love this pack, I think this Ultimate Base Set has to be my favourite out of the two. So if you're after affordable and great quality face brushes, then I would defiantly recommend this set.
 
I award the Real Techniques Ultimate Base Set 4.8 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig