Tuesday 30 August 2016

Sleek Matte Me Birthday Suit Review & Photos

Sleek Matte Me Birthday Suit
If you haven't guessed already matte lip products are defiantly my favourite right now, so much so that I have been trying to find lots of different ones from a variety of brands to test out and compare to see which really is the best. Sleek's bestselling shade Birthday Suit was one I had been trying to get hold of for a while now, luckily I finally got my hands on it before it went again! So here's my thoughts.
Price
The Matte Me Matte Lip Creams retail for an affordable £4.99 for 6ml of product. The collection is made up of 12 wearable on trend shades including,
Velvet Slipper
Shabby Chic
Fired Up
Bittersweet
Old Hollywood
Vino Tinto
Birthday Suit
Fandango Purple
Petal
Brink Pink
Rioja Red
Party Pink
All shades are available directly from the Sleek Website here or Superdrug online and in stores.
Packaging
The packaging is very simple yet informative on what exactly these are, I also like the fact you can see the shade clearly through the tube too. The wand itself has a long, flat doe-foot applicator which helps you to apply the colour precisely, although I did find the wand a little stiff and ridged to work with.
Application
This colour is beautifully pigmented and super matte, it's also opaque within one swipe. The consistency is wonderfully creamy with a slight mousse like texture to it, which makes it glide onto the lips perfectly.
Birthday Suit has a brown base with a dusky pink undertone to it.
Longevity
This shade stayed really well throughout the day, it didn't transfer at all either, I did get a slight bit of wear in the inner part of my mouth from eating, but nothing to drastic which was great. The only thing I would say is I found this lipstick to be super drying on the lips and by the end of the day this did feel slightly uncomfortable, so I would advise applying this onto well moisturised lips.
Overall Thoughts
Overall I loved this shade as it was super flattering on the lips and totally wearable for everyday. Although the applicator was a little stiff, the colour did glide on beautifully and was opaque in one coat, which was great as these are such an affordable price point.
 
As I mentioned above the only thing that really let these down for me was just how uncomfortable they were to wear on the lips once the colour had dried matte, it just felt super drying which was a shame, but I do know most liquids lipstick are notorious for drying out the lips anyway and so super moisturised lips are the key to any matte lip look.
 
So if your after an affordable matte liquid lipstick with a great on trend colour selection that's pigmented in one swipe then I would say these are totally worth checking out, just don't forget your lip balm, to keep that dryness at bay!
 
I award the Sleek Matte Me Birthday Suit Lip Cream 4.1 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig