Saturday 8 October 2016

Maybelline SuperStay 7 Days Gel Nail Color Review & Photos - Metallic Silks

Maybelline Super Stay Gel Nail Color - Metallic Silks
With the nail market now shifting over to 7 day wear nail polish that works and wears like a gel without the need for a light, we are now spoilt for choice from not only the premium brands but from the drugstore too.

Maybelline recently released three new metallic shades to their Super Stay Gel Nail Color collection which are perfectly on trend for the up and coming party season, so here's my thoughts.
Price
These retail for a respectable £4.49 for 10ml of product and the new Metallic Silk additions consist of three shades including, Silver Satin, Golden Thread and Rose Veil.
Packaging
The packaging is simple but striking with the title and colours doing all the talking. The brush itself has a short flat tip which makes the polish apply with ease.
Application
These metallic shades are so opaque that you can get away with one coat if your short for time. I also love the fact these glide on effortlessly and streak free too.
Maybelline Super Stay Gel Nail Color in Silver Satin
Maybelline Super Stay Gel Nail Color in Golden Thread
Maybelline Super Stay Gel Nail Color in Rose Veil

Longevity
The Super Stay range claims to last 7 days providing you use a top coat and for me I'm lucky if I get two days ample wear from a polish as my nails are not the best right now. However I have to say these performed amazingly as they wore so well throughout the week and I only got a few minor chips on day six and honestly I was so impressed considering these polishes are under £5!

Overall Thoughts
Overall these were a Super Stay hit! I loved the shades as they are totally on trend for the party season and the quality of these for the price makes them a perfect addition to any party look. But for me the one thing that stood out the most was the longevity aspect, I was so super impressed by this that I even wore the Rose Gold shade two weeks in a row as I knew I wouldn't have to worry about checking they hadn't chipped every 5 minutes! So if your budget won't quite stretch to a new top or dress for the party season, then why not treat yourself to a metallic nail polish instead to stand out from the crowd.

 I award the Maybelline SuperStay 7 Days Gel Metallic Silks Nail Color 4.8 out of 5
*These were sent to me but as always all opinions are me own.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig