Sunday 16 October 2016

MUA Power Brow Review and Photos - Benefit Ka-Brow Dupe

MUA Luxe Power Brow
With brow pomades now starting to filter in to the mass market, I wanted to test out a few to see how they compared to my beloved Anastasia Beverley Hills Brow Pomade. I found this cute little one from MUA and I'll be honest, the packaging sold it to me first, plus it also reminds me a lot of the new Benefit Ka-Brow but for way cheaper! So here's my thoughts.
Price
The MUA Luxe Power Brow retails for an affordable £4 for 2.2g. It also comes in an impressive six shades and is available to buy directly from the MUA website or Superdrug. I picked this up in Mid Brown.
Packaging
As I mentioned above the packaging sold this to me straight away because it's eye-catching and expensive looking. The pomade itself is surprisingly small and you don't get near as much product compared to the ABH Brow Pomade and Benefit Ka-Brow, but on the other hand I prefer this as it's also the perfect size for travel, plus it comes with a lovely angled brush too!
Application
I must admit pomades are a bit trickier to apply than your regular brow pencil, but with a little practise you'll be a pomade expert in no time! I used the handy brush that came with this, but you can also use any kind of fine eyeliner or angled brush too if you prefer something with a longer handle. You can also use the lid to wipe of any excess product if you've picked up too much.

This glided on beautifully and the colour built up well in sparse areas, just be aware as it does set pretty quickly, so just make sure you're applying this in small sections to the brow. Overall I found this gel pigmented, creamy and a great colour match for my brows.
Longevity
This does claim to be a long-wearing brow gel and that it was. For me this didn't budge all day which was great and having tested out many types of brow products, I have to say the pomade is by far my favourite longevity wise.
 
Overall Thoughts
This was such an impressive brow product for the price as it has the most gorgeous packaging, it's travel friendly and it's accessible. I also loved the fact this glided on beautifully and lasted so well throughout the day. Yes the pot is surprisingly minuet, but I actually preferred this as it's compact, portable and comes with a handy angled brush too. So if you've ever wanted to try a brow pomade but your budget can't quite stretch to some of the high end versions, then this a superb drugstore alternative.
 
I award the MUA Power Brow 4.8 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig