Monday 6 April 2015

Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara Review & Photos

Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara
Being a bit of a mascara fanatic, I'm always keen to discover new and innovative formula's. I had tried Bobbi Brown's Extreme Party Mascara years ago, but with so many other exciting mascara releases, I hadn't had the urge to test out any of the others from the collection. I received the Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara for Christmas and thought I would give it a go, so here's my thoughts.

What would you like me to review next from Bobbi Brown? leave your suggestions down below or tweet me!
Price
This retails for £22.50 for 6ml of mascara and is the most expensive out of the six mascaras Bobbi Brown offer. Compared to other high end mascara's, this is pretty steep for how much you get in the tube and would probably be the most I would pay for a premium brand mascara.
Packaging
The mascara is simply packaged in silver and boxed in the signature black Bobbi Brown branding. As you know I am a sucker for a catchy title and eye-catching packaging and unfortunately this mascara just doesn't do it for me, as it wouldn't catch my eye if I was walking past the display in a store.

Application
This Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye mascara claims to provide volume and definition, with a highly pigmented formula and unique brush. Upon application the brush instantly reminded me of the YSL Volume Effect Cils because of it's lovely full bristles and long neck. This helped instantly lengthen my lashes, without clumps to create a beautiful fluttery effect. I applied two coats.
 
Longevity
For me this lasted all day with out any transfer or smudging, which was great, considering my lashes where almost touching my brow bone.

Overall Thoughts
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I did love this mascara, especially the beautiful soft brush, it really helped lengthen my lashes from root to tip to create a natural fluttery effect. The only thing that let this mascara down was how little you receive for the price and the plain, unexciting packaging.

Overall I'm glad I found this mascara, as had I not received this as a gift, I probably would of never discovered this. In the future I will probably pair this with one of my others, as I do like a more dramatic, fuller lash, but if your after a natural looking, premium brand mascara, that provides volume and length, then this could be for you.

I award the Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara 3.9 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig