Wednesday 29 April 2015

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder Review and Photos

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

A good face powder has become an essential part of my makeup routine, as it keeps me shine free and helps set my foundation, making it last all day. One of my favourite powders is MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Light Plus, but as you know I'm all for finding an affordable drugstore alternative. I had heard good things about the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder not only because of it's great formula, but also for it's amazing affordability factor, so here's my thoughts.
Price
This retails for £3.99 for 14g of product, it also comes in six shades and claims to stay matte for up to 5 hours.
 
Packaging
Rimmel Stay Matte is very simply packaged and clearly states exactly what it does. The powder itself has a pleasant smell and is etched with the Rimmel logo, which is a nice touch.
 
Application
I used a Royal & Langnickel Large Powder brush to apply this mostly to the t-zone area. Upon application the powder is easy to apply and doesn't have tons of fallout, it also gives a nice, matte, flawless finish.
 
Longevity
I wore this for a total of over 9 hours and as I mentioned above on the packaging this claims to stay matte for up to 5 hours and it certainly did. By 2pm my face was still matte, even after a sweaty workout at the gym and by 9am there was still no change, I just had a slight sheen to my forehead, but the powder still looked good well over five hours later.
 
Overall Thoughts
Overall for me this is an amazing drugstore face powder that is phenomenal value for money, it did exactly what it said on the packaging and has impressive longevity. So if your after a pressed powder, that keeps you matte all day and doesn't break the bank, Rimmel Stay Matte is defiantly worth a look.
 
I award the Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder 4.7 out of 5
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig