Tuesday 12 January 2016

My Haircare Routine and Colour

Ever since I decided to go back to blonde or should I say ombre, I've defiantly had to step up my haircare routine. As you probably already know, if you're constantly exposing your hair to bleach, it can play havoc with the overall condition of it. Now don't get me wrong I do love my blonde, but it can be incredibly high maintenance to constantly keep it looking in great shape, as well as preventing it from turning too brassy. Regardless of all of this, I wanted to share with you what I have introduced into my haircare routine to make sure it stays in tip top condition in the hope it may help some of you out if your deciding to go ombre or blonde.
 
Pre-Colour Deep Conditioner
Everytime I refresh my colour, a couple of days before hand I like to deep condition my hair with the Philip Kingsley Elasticzer so that it's in the best condition in preparation for the colour. I also use this once a month too.
Colour - Ombre and Roots
Next up is colour. For the ombre I achieved this initially by using the Bleach London DIY Dip Dye Kit, this is super easy to use and it also comes with a blending lotion to help fade the light into the dark without it looking harsh. I also had the ombre done professionally a couple of times to achieve my desired shade. I also use the Bleach White Toner Kit to balance out the brassy tones in my hair.

For the roots I've always used the Live Colour XXL in Bitter Sweet Chocolate.
Shampoo and Conditioner
If you've been following me for a while now you'll know my favourite Shampoo and Conditioner brand is Ogx. I'm currently using the Brazilian Keratin Smooth Formula. For the Blonde I love using the Provoke Touch of Silver Brightening Shampoo once a week as well as the Bleach London Reincarnation Mask to moisturise the ends as they can get dry easily.
Hair Products and Styling
Lastly onto hair products and styling. I tend to only blow dry my hair occasionally but when I do I love using the Philip Kingsley Maximizer it's great at adding a ton of volume to your hair. Whether I blow or air dry my hair I always use the L'Oreal Mythic Oil before hand on the ends to help replenish the moisture back into my dry/colour treated hair.

Another product I always use is the Tresemme Heat Defence Styling Spray as it works great with really hot hair styling tools.
When I do blow dry my hair I use my trusty Lee Stafford Nourishing Argan Oil Hair Dryer and Philip Kingsley Grooming Brush. I've had the Philip Kingsley brush for years now and I absolutely love this as it has holes in it so your hair can breathe while blow drying. My holy grail straighteners have to be the GHD Straighteners, these do the trick every time for me.

To finish off I like to smooth my hair down with a tiny bit of the Tigi Bed Head After Party and again with the L'Oreal Mythic Oil onto the ends. Inbetween washes I use the Colab Dry Shampoo, to help keep the grease at bay! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig