Friday 15 January 2016

Tanya Burr Nail Polish New Packaging Review and Photos

When Tanya Burr released her first cosmetics line, I was pretty excited at the prospect of a beauty YouTuber having their own brand. Fast forward over a year and Tanya has re-branded with some new additions as well as pretty packaging.

I originally reviewed the Tanya Burr nail polishes when they first came out and was impressed by the formula, so I wanted to compare her new packaging, colours and formula with the old, so here's my thoughts.
Price
These now retail for £4.99, a pound less compared to when they were first released, but I think this is probably due to the bottle containing 9 ml of polish instead of the original 12ml. There is also now 12 shades in her core collection, ranging from pretty pastels to vampy darks. The original three I first reviewed are still available, which is good to see as I do adore these shades, there is also a few limited edition shades that came out at Christmas including, Toasted Marshmallow, Sugar Plum, Candy Cane and Gingerbread.

The original line up and what's new to the collection.
Be Bright, Be Happy, Be You
Bright and Early - Still in the line
Duvet Day - NEW
Fairy Godmother - NEW
Frosting Cupcakes - NEW
Little Duck - Still in the line
Midnight Sparkles
Mini Marshmallows - Still in the line
Mischief Managed - Still in the line
New York Night - Still in the line
Peaches & Cream - Still in the line
Penguin Chick - Still in the line
Pick & Mix - NEW
Riding Hood - Still in the line
 
Tanya Burr Beauty is available from Superdrug and Feel Unique.
Packaging
The original polish packaging was nice, but didn't look as appealing as the new design. The bottles are now rectangle with a gold lid and in my opinion look a lot more current and sophisticated. The packaging is still relatively the same with regards to the lid, as it still has the larger lid that protects the smaller thinner black top underneath which is easier to grip onto when applying the polish.
Tanya has still kept her signature pink heart on the top of the lid too , it's just a little smaller.
 
Application
The brush is still thin and long, which makes application easy. The formula is also just as opaque as before which is great.
Sugar Plum was in a Christmas Gift Pack that I also featured in my Top 10 Nail Polish Gift Ideas post. This is a stunning burgundy red, very reminiscent of Essie Bahama Mama.
I received Fairy Godmother for Christmas, this is a pretty periwinkle shade, similar to O.P.I You're Such a Budapest. Both lastest around four days on my nails which was great.
 
Overall Thoughts
Overall these are a winner for me, as Tanya always seems to know what her audience want and like. Re-launching a brand could be considered risky, but again she has pulled it out the bag with new on-trend shades and elegant, but pretty packaging, that still reflect her personality. It also shows to me she continuously strives to want the best for her brand, which demonstrates to me her passionate for what she does.
 
I award the Tanya Burr Nail Polish 4.8 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig