Tuesday 31 May 2016

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer Review and Photos

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Classic Beige
Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer has become a bit of a cult favourite ever since it launched back in 2013. This concealer claims to brighten dark circles and provide a full coverage application. I've nearly come to the end of my first tube of this, so I thought now would be a good time to give you my final thoughts on this concealer and whether I would buy again.
Price
This retails for £5.49 for 7ml of product, which is a great price for a drugstore concealer. It comes in four shades including Ivory, True Ivory, Classic Beige (the one I choose) and Soft Beige, which is not the best colour selection for a concealer as most of the shades look pretty light in comparison.
Packaging
The packaging is eye catching with an orange top to signify it comes from the Wake Me Up Collection. The applicator itself is a sponge tipped wand, which is not my favourite as it's so stiff and difficult to manoeuvre the product easily out of the tube and onto the delicate eye area. I also wasn't a fan of the applicator on the Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer in the end.
Application
Upon application the concealer has a medium, buildable coverage, that results in more of a dewy glow under eyes. This is, as it mentions on the packaging, a concealer for covering tiredness and thus creating a radiant finish to the under eyes and so if your after that kind of look then this may be perfect for you, but if your after more of a full coverage, creamy consistency concealer that covers not only the under eyes, but also redness, spots etc. then this probably wouldn't be for you.
Longevity
This lasted pretty well throughout the day and still gave me that dewy glow to my under eyes right through into the evening, which was nice.
Overall Thoughts
The Wake Me Up Concealer was affordable, luminescent and gave a lovely medium coverage under the eye area, for me personally though I do like a more of a full coverage concealer than can cover up not only eye bags, but anything on my face. I do think however this would be great to add over the top of your regular concealer, to give that extra glow and coverage, but I think overall this is aimed more at a younger audience who maybe doesn't need as much coverage and is after more of a glow to the skin rather than complete coverage.

I award the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer 3.5 out 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig