Thursday 15 September 2016

Barry M Setting Sprays and Primer Water Review & Photos

Barry M Mist & Fix and Hydro Fix
If you've seen my Ride or Die Make-Up Tag video you'll know my holy grail setting spray has always been Urban Decay All Nighter. But over the past few years there's been an influx of drugstore brands taking on the setting spray and primer water phenomena. Barry M is the latest brand to create three sprays including two setting sprays and one primer water, so here's my thoughts.
Skip to 17.22 for the review first impression.
Price
These retail for £4.99 each for 50ml, which is quite small compared to the UD All Nighter Setting Spray, but these are such great value for money for the drugstore.
As I mentioned above there is three spray's within this new Flawless family including, two setting sprays, one matte and one dewy, as well as one primer water.
Packaging
I love the packaging for these as they're bright, fun and eye-catching. The waters all come in a spray bottle with hygienic top too.
Application
Now Primer Water's are still something fairly new to the market and the only high end brand I know of that does one is Smashbox. I also have another drugstore version that I will be reviewing too, so keep your eyes peeled for that too. A Primer Water is designed to use as an alternative to your regular serum or cream formula before make-up application.

I applied this as advised before my make-up in a T and X motion to evenly cover my face. I actually loved this as a substitute to my regular primer as it felt refreshing on the face, it's also a perfect quick, less messy option too.
After you've finished your make-up it's time to set everything into place and I really like the fact there is two finishes to choose from whether you like your make-up to have a dewy or matte finish. I chose the matte option and again this is easy to apply to the face because of the spray nozzle application.
Longevity
I was super impressed by how both sprays helped keep my make-up looking fresh and matte all day and for me they did an equally amazing job as both my high end primer and setting spray.
Overall Thoughts
Both the primer and setting spray were amazing and Barry M certainly delivered with these! The packaging is eye catching and the choice of setting sprays and a primer water is just fantastic for a drugstore brand as they are both accessible and affordable. Longevity wise as I mentioned above these are equally as good as high end primers and setting sprays I've tried and if you struggle with your make-up lasting all day, then these are defiantly worth giving a go as they won't break the bank.

I award the Barry M Setting Sprays and Primer Water 4.9 out of 5


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig