Monday 27 April 2015

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation Review and Photos

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
I snapped this Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation up the other week as I had seen it was a dupe for the Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation. Being an avid fan of dewy finish, I thought it was about time I tried a matte foundation for you guys, especially if your prone to oily skin, so here's my thoughts.

What other Matte Foundation's would you like to see me review on my blog? Leave a comment down below or tweet me.
Price
This retails for £5.99 for 30ml, which is amazing value for money. It also comes in six shades, I picked up 103 True Ivory.

Packaging
I love the packaging of this foundation as it's eye catching, appealing and informative, it's just a shame it comes in a tube and not a bottle with a pump, but I presume this is down to it's thick consistency, which is why it is more suited to this kind of packaging.

Application
Upon application this has a thick, silky, mousse-like consistency, I used a Real Techniques Buffing brush to apply this to my face. The foundation covered well, especially over redness I had on my nose, it's also buildable too. It dried pretty quickly, to a matte/powdery finish that looked great in the flash photo I took. Although this claims to be lightweight because of the mousse-like consistency, I did feel it applied thickly and took a while to blend out properly.
 Longevity
I wore this for a total of just over 11 hours and by 4.30pm I had slight wear around the t-zone section, but apart from that it still looked great, especially in a flash photo. By the end of the day, as well as the wear around the t-zone area, it was also slightly shiny around here too. I would recommend re-application around this section and also wearing a good primer and setting spray if you are planning to have this on for a long time. Overall this foundation did stay matte for most of the day.
Overall Thoughts
Overall for me although this looked amazing in photos, I wasn't keen on how powdery it did look in the flesh and also the fact it took a while to blend in. The price is phenomenal and this does stay matte for a majority of the day, but like I said before being a dewy foundation kind of girl, I just didn't like the finish as much. So if you have oily skin and your after a fuller coverage foundation, that has a matte, powdery finish, this could be for you.

I award the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation 3.5 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig