Wednesday 10 February 2016

Real Techniques Brush Cleansing Palette Review and Photos

Real Techniques Brush Cleansing Palette
Not only have Real Techniques re-branded their logo recently, they have also launched some exciting new products to add to their exsisting line. Last year Real Techniques launched their own Brush Cleansing Gel and this year is the turn of the Brush Cleansing Palette to go along side this. This palette excites me as there really isn't much in the way of specifically designed brush cleaning tools within the UK market. I wanted to put this to test, to compare it with what I usually use to deep clean my brushes with, so here's my thoughts.
Price
This retails for £12.99, which I think is not bad considering you also get two sachets of Brush Cleansing Gel to try out too.
Packaging
The packaging is clear, bright and informative, which is always great to see, especially from Real Techniques as they always have so much helpful and detailed information on the front and back of each of their boxes.
The actual palette is silicone and comes with a handle on the back so you can hold and support the palette while cleaning your brushes. The front has different textured nodules on to accommodate various sized brushes.
Application
Not only does the box have detailed instructions on how to use this, there is also a very helpful video too.
The instructions advise you to add a tiny amount of brush cleanser to your palette and dampen your brush with warm water, it's also best to keep a bowl of warm water near by too, but I decided to do this directly over the sink as I usually clean my brushes this way.
 
I typically wash my brushes with the Johnsons Baby Shampoo and a small silicone face scrubber I found in Primark a few years back, I have a more detailed post on this if you want to go and check it out.
I tested out three different sized brushes on each of the three textures to see how easily they cleaned. All of the brushes cleaned really good, especially the small and medium sized ones, but the large duo-fibre brush I tried didn't clean as well, due to the long, different sized bristles, so I also tried a kubuki brush too and this worked perfectly on the palette.

I found the criss cross and tiny nodules on the palette to work the best at cleaning the brushes effectively and efficiently.
You can also use the palette to dry some of your brushes on, but if your washing a lot at the same time they wouldn't all fit on, so this is only useful if your doing a quick spot clean or something.

With regards to the brush cleanser, this had a lovely scent to it but I think for how much you pay for a full sized bottle and how much I usually use, I do think the Johnson's baby Shampoo works just as well and is a more affordable option.

Overall Thoughts
Overall this is an amazing, affordable and unique brush cleaning tool within the UK market. It's well thought out, has detailed and informative packaging, that helps to get your brushes cleaned quickly and effectively. It also makes cleaning your brushes a more pleasurable experience overall. So if your after a nifty brush cleaning tool, that's affordable, accessible and does the job well, then this might be just what you've been looking for.

I award the Real Techniques Brush Cleansing Palette 4.8 out of 5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Paradise Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig